• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Autopsy of a Padrón 1964

moki

el Presidente
WARNING: This material is not suited for cigar lovers with weak stomachs. It is brutal, vicious, and stomach-turning. A Padrón 1964 Anniversary Natural was brutally killed in order to bring these pictures to you. Please bow your head in silence briefly.

That said, I've always been a bit too curious for my own good. I know how amazingly rolled these Padrón 1964 Anniversary cigars are, and as such, I've always been curious what they'd look like if they were unrolled. I also have always been curious how good the leafs put into these cigars really look.

So... I decided to murder and dissect a Padrón. The first step was to soak it in some water for 7-8 hours, to loosen it up:

cigar_unroll01.jpg

I honestly thought that after soaking it for that long, it'd just fall apart, and I'd be able to look at the leaves. Not so. It was still quite solid even after sitting in the water for almost 8 hours, but I was able to carefully unroll the outer wrapper:

cigar_unroll02.jpg

Quite a nice leaf! The cigar itself STILL held its shape, even waterlogged and bereft of its skin, though it did look rather embarrassing, sort of like a wet cat:

cigar_unroll03.jpg

Next I peel another leaf off, this one was still wrapped around the cigar, in wrapper-esque fashion, and was quite a nice leaf as well!

cigar_unroll04.jpg

The holes in these leaves are a result of me pulling them apart a bit too hastily -- it's pretty cool that they are so well preserved and whole when rolled up, especially after all I put them through:

cigar_unroll05.jpg

A little further in, we started to get to leaves that weren't really rolled up around the center, but were rather bunched together accordion-style, but still rather nice looking leafs:

cigar_unroll06.jpg

This was the last really whole leaf; the inside of the cigar remained rather dry, so it was hard to get the final few leafs apart:

cigar_unroll07.jpg

These are all of the leaves that made up the cigar. Looks like a murder scene, doesn't it? It reality, it really was one -- I felt bad doing it, and would rather have smoked the cigar, but my curiosity knows no bounds:

cigar_unroll08.jpg

Here's the same tobacco from the cigar, all bunched up in a lump. A sad sight indeed, it didn't even get a nice funeral pyre as a burial ceremony.

cigar_unroll09.jpg

After soaking the cigar for so long, the previously crystal-clear water was now completely stained with tobacco juice. I was tempted to see if my cat would drink this, but thought better of it. Don't need the humane society on my back:

cigar_unroll10.jpg

So there you have it. This is what happens if you do the unthinkable, and destroy a perfectly good cigar by soaking it and then unrolling it. Once again, I humbly do the idiotic, so that you don't have to. :)

Moki, :D next time you feel like wasting a Padron, waste it on me and send me one!

Scott1966 said:
Moki, :D next time you feel like wasting a Padron, waste it on me and send me one!
It wasn't wasted. It gave its life for science.

There is help for people like you. There are many good shrinks out there just eager to help. :0

Tony Bones said:
Up to your old tricks again eh? Taking coveted things and mistreating them :)
Your wife told you about that??

Well I hope you at least used that wrapper to roll a blunt afterwards :p

YOU PEOPLE JUST DO NOT APPRECIATE MY GENIUS!!!!!!!

I got a sinking feeling in my gut when I saw the title of this thread.......

and although it was horrifying, I thought it was pretty cool. Still better you than me.
Now you should keep the water and put it in one of those Glade plug-ins so your whole house can smell like a Padron 64 :lookup:

gatorsmg said:
I got a sinking feeling in my gut when I saw the title of this thread.......

and although it was horrifying, I thought it was pretty cool.
hey man, I've got an idea -- try this with one of your Padrón Millennium Maduro's!

moki said:
YOU PEOPLE JUST DO NOT APPRECIATE MY GENIUS!!!!!!!
I for one do appreciate your genius. i have to admit I've always wanted to know what they looked like if taken apart. One day people will write songs about you:

Here's to you Padron Anniversary Cigar Taker Aparter! :thumbs:

Real Man of Genius! I thought it was a nice idea. Now, you should let it dry, and see if you can put it back together!! :thumbs:

I've got an aged Topper or two you could play with if you want.

You could kill a few bugs in your garden with that juice, just don't use it on the tomatoe plants.

I think we should all share a moment of silence for the drowned Padron that was meant for cremation and pray that Moki never receives a box of kittens! :lookup:

That was a nice autopsy.

Had often thought about what a ceegar looked like neekid and unrolled. And now I know, ain't science wonderful. :p

But...

Moki, put down the PMM and back away slowly. We don't want nobody gettin hurt. :sign: