• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New rule added to CP

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I dislike having to create more rules/policies, however this is one that has bugged me for a long time and I'm finally getting around to enforcing it...

From this point forward, anyone who says that they won't be visiting CP anymore, or requests that their account be disabled WILL have their account permanently terminated with no recourse. Over the years people have melted down and then said they have no use for CP, said they're leaving, asked me to delete their account, then a few months later they're back to posting again like nothing happened. CP is a community, not a knowledge-base. If you say you're leaving or want out, I will oblige your request.

Good rule, I have always thought this should be in effect. On a non-cigar board I have posted on for a while this was pretty much the only rule governing behavior; "If you say you are leaving, you will be."

Sounds like a plan Rod, thanks for making it official.

So, quick question though: If I just got off the phone with Sneeds and he said he was done with CP, could you please ban him? :D Thanks! :sign:

It is sad when you have to keep updating rules, but this one is a much needed one. I too get sick of the "farewell CP" threads.

If you need a break, just quietly walk away.

Mean what you say and say what you mean. I think this fits in perfectly with the culture of CP.

:thumbs:

we support you Rod

i also believe Jayro goes around saying this everyday i think you should teach him a lesson :sign:
sorry jay

Save yourself the aggravation Rod, and make the rule retroactive as of June 11th 2010. ;)

I agree 100% with this new rule, and above statements. Good rule!!

Thanks Rod! This will resolve a lot of issues going forward :thumbs:

Good call. I think this will benefit the community overall. :thumbs:

From this point forward, anyone who says that they won't be visiting CP anymore, or requests that their account be disabled WILL have their account permanently terminated with no recourse. Over the years people have melted down and then said they have no use for CP, said they're leaving, asked me to delete their account, then a few months later they're back to posting again like nothing happened. CP is a community, not a knowledge-base. If you say you're leaving or want out, I will oblige your request.

tomthirtysix : Kirk won? That's it. I'm leaving.

Hey Rod - does this status update meet the necessary qualifications for the new Pembroke Rule? ??? ;) :laugh: