• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Well now....

BlindedByScience

Proud Father of a Kearney, NE LEO
Staff member
Look what showed up today:

gallery_1565_604_10960.jpg

gallery_1565_604_77474.jpg

...headed out to have one now..!! Review to follow.... :cool:

I have no idea what those are, but they look really good....Nice and dark!!

They are the new Drew estate Under crown

Don

Nice pick up by the way

I had the middle size, on Thursday they had just been unpacked and Bought the first one. It's wrapper was incredibly dark, ever darker that the no.9. I was a pretty good smoke, it resembled the Liga in flavor, but lacked the complexity of either the 9 or t52. But it was enjoyable, and I will definitely give it some more tries before I form a definite opinion on them. Hope you like it.

Well....I'm impressed. They are a reasonably priced smoke, but with a unique flavor and awesome construction. The wrapper smells really unique...maybe a hit of clove in the background? Very different than the usual chocolate / coffee notes I'm used to. Smoked perfectly, burned like a champ....very nice. Fantastic for the price point. I'll have another before I post a detailed revew but it's easy to encouage folks to try one and make your own opinions.....I'd say the guys at Drew Estates hit this one out of the park.... :thumbs:

Might have to take the long way home to grab one at the local tomorrow. I've been happy with the non-acid DE lines.

A trip to the B&M!

Thanks for the heads up, brother!

Tom, I just ordered the same size this weekend, the Gran Toro. I'm even more excited to try them once I read your initial flavor profile of them! I read a pre-release review of the Undercrown and he mentioned they were medium bodied as opposed to the Liga no.9.

Those are some beautiful pics! I only gave the Wolfman one try, but this, this is a cigar I gave a couple of days of trying to find.

<edit for spelling>

I'm about half way through smoking one of these. It was a very nice surprise to walk into the local today and find 3 sizes of these sitting there.

I'm digging it so far. The wrapper did have a very strong (good) smell to it. Lots of smoke from the foot. Unique flavor, like Tom said. I can't quite place or describe it. I want to make the LP9 comparison, but I don't know if I'd say that if I was smoking it blind. Solid medium strength. I don't think it'll be knocking me down or anything unless it picks up at the end.

I want more. :)

Mine should be waiting for me when I get home from work tomorrow morning, wonder if they're good ROTT?

Those look great! I'm glad to hear you like them as I am a huge LP fan, and will be looking for them during an upcoming trip to the US

Mine should be waiting for me when I get home from work tomorrow morning, wonder if they're good ROTT?
I couldn't wait....I had one as soon as I could rip off the cello and take a couple pics of the box. Of course it depends how your B&B stored them, but mine was.....awesome...!!

Picked up a box last week and I'm looking forward to trying one...sounds like I'll like it!

Yumm.. Love the stuff Drew Estates has outside of the Acid line. Really amazing. Will try to find some online.

Well, when I got home they were waiting for me and I took one out to acclimate for later. Gotta say that is one thick box of wood!

I took it with me while walking the dogs and that probably contributed to the crooked burn line. It's still a little wet from Famous's warehouse in PA. (oops, did you catch that Ben?)

The flavor was good, it seemed to me that it had a certain taste like a Liga Privada, but it may just be wishful thinking on my part. I may look into a second box just for aging, the no.9's grew on me that way.

I smoked one of these yesterday evening, liked it a lot, but it was behind a couple of other sticks, so I will have to have more to be sure.

Ken

I just put in an order for a 5'er. Thanks Tom! :p

Fellows,

Thanks for giving the new UNDERCROWN's a shot. We are no on the 5th batch that has been sent to the US from NIca and they are hitting right non the money right now...

The very first batch, around November came in a little humid and needed about 3 weeks to dry out properly. This was from an unexpected amount of humidity in the little stick that is placedin the box, as it is a 12x13 count box. We caught the mistake and removed that little wood stick, and added another cigar instead.

They should be hitting right now, bellowing smoke, and creamy, a bit of pepper, earthy and mid hearty.

Best,
JD