• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron Cigars - amazing smokes

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I've smoked a lot of cigars over the years, however the one cigar that I can honestly say smokes the best, is the Padron. I've been smoking a lot of Padron's lately, and tonight smoked a 1964 Anniversary Series Pyramid. As you may know, it's a pretty big smoke. Took me 1 1/2 hours to finish (nub'd this one). When I say Padron's smoke the best, what I mean is, not only are they tasty, but I NEVER (and I mean NEVER) have to relight or even touch up the cigar! To me, this is amazing. The Padron is the lowest maintenance cigar I've smoked.

I think I'll start stocking up on some Padron's. What other cigars would you say smoke as well as a Padron? There are a lot of good cigars out there, but I have yet to find one that requires no touch up.

Padron's are right up there with Davidoffs (of course in my humble opinion :)) as far as quality and construction are concerned. Outside of that I can't think of anybody that maintains that kind of quality control.

One of my favorite things about Padron's is that you know what your going to get, the variation between individual cigars is very little. You open a box they are all going to look the same and smoke the same, that can't be said by many other companies.

Padron really is top notch. Whenever I am frustrated after a few poorly constructed island smokes in a row, my go to "pick me up" is a Padron 64 or 26.

You know, it's funny, but I was thinking the exact same thing today. With my morning coffee, I had a '64 Principe in natural wrap. This has to be one of if not my all time favorite "AM with coffee smoke". It burned and drew flawlessly. The taste was complex, and complemented the fresh coffee exceptionally. I recall sitting outside in the AM sun thinking if I had to pick one and only one brand of smokes to have going forward, this would be it. I'm lucky enough to have a wide range of Padron in the cabinet. From the 2000's through the '64's and '26's, the Milleniums and the 80th's, this is an amazing line of smokes. They always have been and always will be well represented in my cabinet.... :thumbs:

Best Regards - B.B.S.

Padron are in an elite class that's for sure. As far as construction, I'd think some of the Ashton lines are comparable. For example, I've never had a troubled VSG, ever.

As for the Anniversary line, the Exclusivo is my favorite. Perhaps my favorite NC robusto of all time. The Padilla 1932, and a few others are as good when on, but nothing approaches it for consistency. This has been a favorite of mine for over a decade. The Diplomatico runs a close second.

Wilkey

Davidoff also deliver flawless construction in my opinion. A true cigar smoker's humidor has to contain Padron and Davidoff to fall back on when you experience a poorly constructed smoke.

I will say that Padron is one of the only brands that can match up to a good Cuban cigar flavour wise, but is superior because of the absolute perfection in quality control that even the ritziest Cuban brand cannot match.

mmm... now I want to light one up.

Love Padrons. Even the lower end are the same way. I have a box of 2000 maduro I've been smoking and I get the same construction quality from everyone just as I do with the premium padrons.

Other brands that I feel have had this same quality consistency are Davidoff, Avo, Ashton... I've also not had a problem yet with any Olivas I've smoke. But I haven't smoked near as many of those as I have the others.

When you put a $4 smoke in the same category as a $18 or $10 smoke like the above examples, that says a lot. I'll always go back to the Padrons!

I have never had a Davidoff (not that rich) but I can say I like a Padron. They are always a good smoke. I love the taste of a good Padron. I haven't had the Anni's all I've smoked are the regulars but they're great. That doesn't help but my $.01...

Amen to that !!!! For my money there is better brand in the market. Padrons are always my go to stick if I have had a few less than enjoyable smokes to turn things around. Covering all price ranges Padron seems to be able to put a cigar out that can stand up against any in its class.

Thats it ....tonights smoke will be a Padron :)

I enjoy Padron cigars immensely for a number of reasons. The regular line price is superb and their top-shelf products are well worth the money, as well. I appreciate the respectable job Padron does keeping their prices consistent. I do not believe a sudden price change upwards can be good for business.

As for construction, Padron cannot be beat. My favorite car cigar, for road trips, is the Padron Magnum Maduro because of the duration of the smoke and the lack of required maintenance. It is awfully difficult to drive a car and touch up a cigar at the same time!

There is a certain familiarity with Padron products that I have come to love. In a pinch, it is quite a relief to pick up a cigar that I know will live up to my expectations.

-Mark

P.S. The Padron lovefest is well deserved. I am almost surprised that I have not seen a thread like this one before.

In my order of preference

PAM Exclusivo
26 #9 maddie
PAM Principe
26 #6 Maddie

love those Padrons

art

Can't go wrong with a Padron.....by far my favorite NC smoke. I do prefer a '26 over a PAM though...

I TRY to smoke for flavor and body. My favorite in that area are Pepin Branded, Tatuaje, Old Padilla, and Rey Miguel. Now, They have presented considerable construction issues over the past year or more. This is frustrating, and Pepin doesnt seem to acknowledge it.

EVERYTIME I get pissed, I swear that all I'm going to smoke is Higher end Padron, and Ashton VSG. Padron is tops by quite a margin for flavor and performance. VSG has always performed well, with only one stick ever giving me a problem.

I will have to say that the current Devils Weed Robustos I've been smoking have been tasty, and have performed flawlessly.

A 1964 Torpedo is my favorite smoke when I have the time, and the Exclusivo is a close second. I agree I can't recall having a 1964 or 1926 that had any construction issues. I also always have plenty of their regular line of smokes on hand, you simply can't beat the value and taste. I'm in the same boat as Bryan - when I've had a few stinkers, I always pull out a Padron because I know it's going to be good!

Can't argue with any of the Padron comments. I smoke quite a few Oliva sticks and have had very few difficulties with them across their entire line.

In late 06 and into 07 these and the VSG's fell off the mark a little. More recently they've come back around, for me.

Glad you enjoyed it.

In late 06 and into 07 these and the VSG's fell off the mark a little. More recently they've come back around, for me.

Glad you enjoyed it.

I certainly agree with your assessment of the Ashton VSG but not necessarily the Padrons. In my opinion, the VSGs in late 06 & 07 tasted particularly flat to the point that I discouraged others buying them; however, the more recent VSGs have certainly regained their old swagger.

-Mark

edited to add that I might have to revisit the spoken of Padrons.

What a coincidence.... I also chose the '64 Pyramid to smoke yesterday evening after dinner, but maduro. As far as I'm concerned, Padrons are the best constructed cigars of any line out there, rivaled only by Davidoff's, but I'll take a Padron over one of them 7 days a week.(Well maybe 6 if we're talking the Winston Churchill's ;) ) I'll also however echo the sentiment on the VSG's. In my experience, I have had few if any construction or flavor issues with any Opus as well.

Glad you enjoyed it.

I certainly agree with your assessment of the Ashton VSG but not necessarily the Padrons. In my opinion, the VSGs in late 06 & 07 tasted particularly flat to the point that I discouraged others buying them; however, the more recent VSGs have certainly regained their old swagger.

-Mark

I can only speak about the 64's as I don't smoke the 26's. Then again, it could just have been the few I had. :(