• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Arturo Fuente Anejo No. 77 (Shark) 2005

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Although the temperature gauge is reading 67F, it feels much cooler. The sky is overcast and a decent wind is blowing, so I decide to hang out on the back porch instead of under the walnut tree. I really love Fall weather, however days like this are just “yucky” as my baby girl would say. I know it’s cool out when my cat Tinker covers his nose to keep it warm. A good day to stay in jammies and sleep, which is what I’ve basically done today :laugh: .

I was in the mood for something NC this afternoon, was thinking about a Tat of some sort, but then started looking at Arturo Fuente smokes and remembered that I recall not having done an Anejo No. 77 review. Well now that’s good enough reason to grab one and head out! :D This Shark is a 05 with the cello having a slight dinginess to the color and band quite a dull white. I remove the cello and find the dark maduro wrapper still has a slight oiliness to it with the cigar’s construction impeccable, one prominent vein running the length. Interesting how it goes from a boxed end to a rounded torpedo head, which I clip at an angle, take a cold draw, and find it to have perfect resistance with a straightforward tobacco taste.

Using my Z-Plus Zippo I put fire to the foot, blowing the forming embers until the entire area is glowing orange. After a few puffs, I take long draw and get a white pepper spice on the throat with the smoke itself a medium strength, the body rather mild. I’m finding tastes of worn leather and dark earth with just a hint of cocoa; however these flavors seem to be somewhat muted, dull if you will. The finish is good upon initial exhale, however doesn’t last long at all.

Heading into halfway, the burn has been fairly even with a strong, medium gray ash forming. I’m finding the smoke continuing to be a medium strength and flowing effortlessly through the perfect draw. White pepper spice is still there with the flavors consistent as before, good but not great. I was hoping for more out of the cigar, however maybe I just haven’t hit the sweet spot just yet. The finish is the same as well, very short and uneventful.

I have to say the cigar actually tasted worse the further in I got. Flavors were decent upon exhaling, however left a rather bland taste in the mouth. The burn too got somewhat lopsided at one point, and I had to touch it up a bit. I got to a little over halfway and just put it down, it was that bad.

This was quite a disappointing smoke, had definitely expected it to perform better. It’s a shame to have one with a good five years or so on it to turn out so bad, but you just never know.

10-25-09AnejoShark001.jpg

10-25-09AnejoShark002.jpg

10-25-09AnejoShark003.jpg

Another reason to smoke em when ya got em Greg.

After Infinity passed I decided I was going to take his advice and stop hoarding all of these "super special occasion" cigars and smoke some of them.

A good bit of them were very muted and flat, and others have been absolute crap. Most likely not properly taken care of at some point.

Glad I didn't wait another fifteen years for my daughter to get married or something, talk about a big let down after all of that anticipation. :)

Sorry Greg. Always good to read one of your reviews though. That is one of my fav smokes so far in my small/noob cigar life.

I never liked the 77 either...I always thought the smaller ring guages where better. The 46 and 48 are my favorite...All of the flavor is in the wrapper. The larger ring guages just get overpowered.

I hate those 77's. Please send them all here so I may destroy them quickly. ;)

Art

**edit to add....Yeah the 46's and 55's work best for me. Those 77's are such high maintenance sticks.
Kinda like a blonde in the shower..That damn avatar..ahahahah

I hate those 77's. Please send them all here so I may destroy them quickly. ;)

Art

**edit to add....Yeah the 46's and 55's work best for me. Those 77's are such high maintenance sticks.
Kinda like a blonde in the shower..That damn avatar..ahahahah

Yeah, I can stare at that avatar for hours. Always wonder who she is.

Anyways! :laugh:

Damn, sorry to see such a bad experience with what is such a great cigar. Since the first one you gave me, I've had a few more and really enjoyed them, though I find myself liking the #55 best for some reason. I gotta get me some more of those. :love:

The smaller ringed Anejos have never disappointed me. However I've had a couple 77's that fell flat, but for the most part they have been good to me.

Yes, another reason to smoke em when ya got em. I can't tell ya how many times I've pulled out one I've been saving for a while, just to be severely let down.