• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

H. Upmann Magnum 46 A/T

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Friday! Man I’m glad the weekend is finally here. Weather is showing rain for tomorrow, which is going to really suck as my baby girl is really excited about dressing up and going trick or treating. Well, not sure if my wife’s more excited or Jess. :laugh: I’m just glad I don’t have to go to work! :D

It’s cloudy out today and a very nice 74F, a soft breeze blowing through. The wife just left to take Jess to the Sonic for some play time, and I decided to just hang out at the house, put fire to this H. Upmann Magnum 46 I received in a trade I recently did with Ryan (Ree Ree Robusto), who smacked me pretty hard with his end. :whistling: I’m not sure the year on this, however I’m guessing fairly new as it has the new style band. The cigar is a Colorado Claro color with only slight oil noticeable and two prominent veins running the length. It has a good weight, a nice crunch when squeezed, and with the triple cap punched I find a perfect draw with a fresh, sweet tobacco taste.

The foot lights easily and volumes of smoke pour from the embers leaving a wonderful aroma in the air. I take in a good draw and get a nice cinnamon spice, bread and cedar wood finish on the palate with a hint of citrus zest. The smoke is medium in strength, mild in body, and hitting my palate just right. The cigar may be young, however it is smoking excellent.

Through the first third, the burn is sharp with a rather rugged looking ash that is medium gray in color and holding well. The smoke continues to be a medium strength and flowing effortlessly in the perfect draw. Flavors remain consistent with a sweet saltiness left on the lips and a lasting, delicious finish that has an excellent citrus twang.

Halfway through and into the final third, the cigar is performing excellently with a perfect draw that is producing a delicious medium strength smoke that is cool and smooth, leaving a lasting finish on the palate. The burn is sharp and the ash falls easily on its own at one point, luckily I stepped into the yard where it fell in the grass. The wife and baby girl pull up just as I’m finishing up this excellent smoke. Many thanks Ryan for sending such a thoroughly enjoyable cigar!

10-30-09HUpmannMag46001.jpg

10-30-09HUpmannMag46002.jpg

10-30-09HUpmannMag46003.jpg

DSC02553.jpg

Looks very tasty! Have fun Trick or Treating, hopefully the weather holds out.

My pictures were better Greg :whistling:
Nice review Greg, looks great!!! :thumbs:

Smoked one of these earlier this week. I'm quickly becoming an Upmann fan.

Can't go wrong with H Upmann... One of my favorites. Nice review Greg.

Brian

You nailed it Greg...as usual. Great job.

I personally love this cigar in it's tubos form...great for taking out to smoke after dinner at a restaurant. Nice, clean medium bodied flavor, not super complex with a ton of different flavors, but enough to put a smile on your face. Mine are OBE MAY 08 and are smoking pretty good.

:thumbs: