• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Liga Privada T52 Toro

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
After almost a full week of rain, very strong wind, and just miserable weather, I was very happy to see blue sky as I walked out the office yesterday evening. There were still clouds all around like puffs of dark gray smoke, however it was definitely an uplifting feeling to know it was finally clearing up. On the ride home, the sun had already dropped below the skyline and the wall of puffy clouds that were lingering above glowed with an amazingly beautiful crimson. I am in awe when I see sights like that.

So I’m looking forward to an excellent morning, however I get up and find the sky has become cloudy again, looking like rain. Ah well, still putting fire to something. After rummaging through, I decide to spark up the LP T52 that Israel was so kind to send (thank you, as always). Admittedly, I don’t smoke many Liga Privada, and am looking forward to giving this one a try. The cigar has impeccable construction with the wrapper leaf coarse, like an old, worn piece of leather that has slight oil. There are a few veins throughout, one a bit prominent towards the head of the cigar, and what looks to be a single cap on top. It’s firm, has a good weight, nice bunching in the foot, and with the cap punched I find the draw has a tad bit less resistance than I like, however still good. I’m getting a distinct herbal taste in the cold draw.

I light the cigar using my Zippo torch, take a few puffs, then let the cigar rest, repeating this a few times to let the cigar settle in. With a good layer of ash on the foot, I take my first good draw that brings a medium strength smoke with a perfect spice on the back of the throat, not too strong yet not too mild either. There’s a somewhat oily texture coating the lips and tongue with rich, delicious flavors of sweet toasted nuts, wood, worn leather, and what seems to be a hint of herbs. The finish is smooth and very good upon exhale, however doesn’t seem to be very lasting so far.

There’s a perfect burn with a light gray ash forming that holds well until tapped off at about an inch in. Good medium strength smoke is being produced in abundance, flowing effortlessly through the perfect draw. Good spice continues to hit the back of the tongue and throat with flavors remaining consistent, the body quite full to my palate. I’m finding the finish is becoming a bit more lasting further in.

This is one slow burning cigar. By the time I reach the halfway mark, the sky has become a beautiful clear blue with the sun shining brightly and the warmth soaking into my clothes. There’s a nice breeze blowing that is rather cool, and I find it peaceful listening to it blowing through the trees that are now changing to shades of gold, orange, and red. The cigar is performing perfectly with plumes of smoke coming from the burning embers in the foot. The ash, a light almost white gray, is somewhat flaky and loose, pieces falling here and there, yet holds strong until tapped off. Flavors continue to be rich, worn leather and herbs predominant, with a good spice coming through. I notice there’s a small split in the wrapper that has suddenly started to open up as the fire closes in on it. Hopefully it won’t blow up on me.

The sun is now up and really warming up the air, temperature gauge showing 68.2F with 66% humidity. Nice! The wife and baby girl are finally up and ecstatic to see the sun is out, Jess squealing with excitement that she’ll finally get to come out and play after being cooped up in the house for a week. I’m now into the final third of the cigar and am amazed at the amount of smoke produced. Huge plumes bellow out with every puff, white and fluffy. The fire has reached the split in the wrapper and has opened up, revealing the binder underneath, however it’s not causing any issues with the smoking. I’m starting to pick up a bit of cocoa and cinnamon taste along with the other flavors previously described with smoke now a good medium to close full strength. I exhale slowly through the mouth and nose, getting a nice tingling sensation in the nostrils from the spice with the finish rich on the palate and somewhat lasting.

I very much enjoyed this cigar with sharp burn, perfect draw, good spice, and rich flavors. The finish wasn’t as lasting as I would have liked, however still delicious on the palate. It was quite a long smoke taking me close to two hours to finish. Thanks again to Israel for the opportunity to sample this fine cigar!

11-14-09LigaPrivadaT52001.jpg

11-14-09LigaPrivadaT52002.jpg

DSC03259.jpg

DSC03260.jpg

11-14-09LigaPrivadaT52003.jpg

Glad you enjoyed the stick, Greg. I love these and find them to be better than the originals.

Once again Greg wonderful decriptive review, my mouth is watering. Now I just have to be patient and wait for the sampler from Israel.