• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje P2 Robusto

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Cold out this morning with temps in the upper 30’s, fingers are barely moving they’re so cold. The sun is up, however not helping much as far as keeping warm, especially with a brisk wind blowing. I’m putting fire to a Tat white label, first time smoking one and looking forward to seeing how it smokes. The wrapper is a medium to light brown with no oils to be found and a patchwork of veins throughout, one prominent running the length. It seems rather light in the hand, however firm when squeezed, and with the cap punched I find a perfect resistance in the cold draw with straightforward tobacco taste.

Wow my fingers are like ice and moving so slow while trying to type. Brrrr. Thanks goodness I have a coffee warmer! I put fire to the Tat robusto and in no time have the foot burning nice and even. I take a few quick puffs and then a long draw, getting a medium to mild spice on the back of the throat with the smoke a mild to medium in strength, smooth and creamy over the palate. There’s richness in the flavor that I’m very much enjoying with tastes of sweet cocoa, wood, and a hint of worn leather.

A third in and the burn is sharp with a medium to light gray ash forming that holds strong until tapped off. Delicious, medium strength smoke is flowing well through the perfect draw with spice hitting the back of the throat just right. Flavors continue to be rich and smooth with a lasting finish on the palate.

Halfway and through the final third, this cigar performed flawlessly with sharp burn, perfect draw, rich and creamy medium smoke with flavors incredibly good, lasting on the palate well after exhaling. I have to say that I really didn’t expect this cigar to be as good as it was being the low end of the Tatuaje marcas. For the price on these, I’d say an incredibly good deal on such an excellent smoke!

12-06-09TatP2Robusto001.jpg

12-06-09TatP2Robusto002.jpg

12-06-09TatP2Robusto003.jpg

Most people don't care for these, but if I'm looking for a 'gar to smoke while mowing the lawn, or going fishing this is as good as it gets to me.

Really shows your dedication when you sit outside in the chilly weather. :) :thumbs: Thanks Greg.

Nice review Greg, I have had a few of these, and they weren't too bad

Have not tried these before as they are short filler and I tend to stick to the long filler cigars. Still a good review and great pics. I can totally relate to smoking outdoors in the cold as I live in NY, and smoke mostly around 10pm. It gets really damn cold in the winter months...brrrrr....