• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron Serie 1926 No. 6 Maduro

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
It’s been a beautiful but cold, windy day. After lunch, my wife and I snuggled up with the baby girl and watched Jingle All The Way, one of my wife’s favorite Christmas movies. Mine is its A Wonderful Life, watched it last weekend and will probably watch it again before Christmas is here. Next up is Miracle On 34th Street, which is the newer one as I can’t seem to locate the old one. But, before the Christmas movie marathon continues, I’m taking a short break to come out and put fire to a Padron Serie ’26 No. 6, which has a very dark maduro wrapper that is smooth and oily with one very small vein showing. The box shaped cigar is firm when squeezed, light in the hand, which makes me think there may be a loose draw, however after punching the cap I find the draw to have a perfect resistance with a good, straightforward tobacco taste.

I torch the foot getting a nice, even burn going and am enjoying the really good aroma coming from the forming embers. After a few good puffs, I take a long draw and find nothing by way of spice with the smoke very mild in strength, too mild I would say. However, the flavor is quite rich, sweet and delicious over the tongue, with the finish lasting well after exhaling.

A third in and the burn is razor sharp with a medium gray ash forming that holds well until about three-quarter inch where it falls on its own (in the ashtray). I keep hoping the smoke would develop more strength; however it’s still much too mild for my palate, which is somewhat disappointing. But, what isn’t disappointing is the incredibly rich flavor, kind of a chocolaty coffee with roasted nuts, sweet and creamy. The finish continues to be excellent, lasting long after exhaling.

Halfway and there seems to be a change in the strength, however only slightly, as I can tell there’s smoke there now. The burn continues to be sharp with the ash somewhat loose, however holds this time until tapped off. Again, the smoke is still quite mild, but does have a little more substance to it with no spice at all on the back of the throat. Flavors are truly incredible, full richness and silky smooth over the palate, lip smacking good to say the least with the finish very lasting.

What an incredibly good cigar as far as richness in flavor. If the strength had been there, at least a medium, I would probably be looking to pick some of these up right now. Alas, much too mild for my palate, but for those who really like mild smoke, this is one fantastic cigar!

12-06-09Padron26No6001.jpg

12-06-09Padron26No6002.jpg

12-06-09Padron26No6003.jpg

Greg you need to burn a turd. I get tired of seeing all the glowing reviews. It is one incredible stick after another. Don't you have a bad stick somewhere in that cavernous humi of yours.

I want to see a quote something like "I had to put this stick down and gargle with vinegar to cleanse the palette"!

:p :p

J/K J/K

Keep em coming, I miss them when you don't post.

PJ

Great review Greg. These are my favorite go to smokes.

Art

**so I think I'll go to have one... :laugh: :)

** edit for double post