• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Viaje Holiday Blend

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Another beautiful but cold morning. Got up early, before anyone else, and started wrapping some presents. The wife got up not long after and was getting ready to help since the baby girl was still asleep, however my best friend and his son show up, knocking on the door. They had been hunting and were on their way home, so decided to stop by to say hello. A couple cups of coffee later, they headed out, and I decided to grab a smoke and head out.

I picked out a Viaje Holiday Blend as it seemed appropriate for the holidays. The wrapper was a milk chocolate brown with oils glistening in the morning sunlight, covering the foot completely. It was somewhat coarse, had a good weight in the hand, and with the cap punched I found the draw to be very loose with a strong taste of sweet, rich tobacco coming through.

After putting fire to the foot, I take a couple puffs and get a strong, black peppery spice on the tongue and throat from my first draw, the smoke a good medium strength. Flavors are delicious from the start with a rich, black coffee and sweet cocoa mix along with some other taste I couldn’t quite put my taste buds on. Kind of a cinnamon, nutmeg sort of flavor. Very good I must say.

A third in and into halfway, the burn is sharp with a medium gray ash forming that holds strong until tapped off. Although the draw is very loose, it is still working well with the medium to almost full strength of the smoke. Flavors continue to be rich and delicious, pairing well with my coffee, and has a lasting finish after exhaling.

The final third was consistent, having sharp burn, rich flavors, and lasting finish. This would’ve been a perfect smoke if not for the very loose draw. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

12-23-09ViajeHolidayBlend001.jpg

12-23-09ViajeHolidayBlend002.jpg

12-23-09ViajeHolidayBlend003.jpg

I always enjoy reading your review. You are right one with the review. I was given a few prototypes of this cigar in the summer to try and boy was it good. Although this is not as nearly as dark as the other, I am sure this is still a heck of a smoke. I have yet to be let down by any Viajes.

How do you get all these hard to find sticks???? Ive been trying to get my hands on this one but its sold out everywhere. I did manage to get a fiver of Viaje Platino Belicosos and Oro Torpedos. TASTY!!!!!

How do you get all these hard to find sticks???? Ive been trying to get my hands on this one but its sold out everywhere. I did manage to get a fiver of Viaje Platino Belicosos and Oro Torpedos. TASTY!!!!!

Check out http://www.newhavanacigars.com/ they might have some left.