• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Ambos Mundos Robusto

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Today started out pretty miserable looking; cloudy, gray, and cold. This afternoon however, has turned out fairly nice with a few clouds hovering and the temperature right around 55F. The wife started tearing the baby girl’s room apart re-arranging stuff, and I decided to step out back and put fire to this Ambos Mundos. The Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper is dark, smooth, and slightly oily. Squeezing the cigar, I find it to be very firm and rather light in the hand. With the cap punched, I find a perfect draw with a sweet tobacco taste coming through.

After torching the foot and a good burn going, I take a few puffs to get the smoke flowing and then a long draw. I get a mild to almost medium white pepper spice on the back of the throat with the smoke medium in strength and the body meaty if you will. Flavors are very good, somewhat rich, with a sweet cocoa, toasted nut, and raisin taste. There seems to be a tannic taste as well, the smoke somewhat dry on the palate.

The burn wants to lean to one side as I head into the first third, however it corrects itself well enough requiring no touch-up. A medium to dark gray ash is forming and holds strong until tapped off in the ashtray. Medium strength smoke is flowing effortlessly in the perfect draw with a rather mild body, flavors continuing to be somewhat rich, the finish a bit short on the palate, but good nonetheless. I seem to detect a hint of vanilla coming through, pretty darn good.

Halfway in and into the final third, the cigar performs well with the burn a bit erratic, however straight enough with the draw continuing to be spot on. Flavors seem to turn to more of a straightforward tobacco towards the end with a slight bitterness in the finish. Overall I have to say this was a very good smoke and a decent enough fit for my palate.

12-26-09AmbosMundos001jpg.jpg

12-26-09AmbosMundos002jpg.jpg

12-26-09AmbosMundos003jpg.jpg

Y'all know what kind of snake this is? :0 (besides a dead one :) )

DSC05132.jpg

Crikey, Greg. That critter be a Bobo Newsome tan-maybe-brown back snake :thumbs:

Nice review. The snake on the other hand, not so nice. Did you see that thing while enjoying your cigar?