• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ashton VSG Cabinet Belicoso No. 1

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
After a ton of rain, the clouds are finally dispersing and the sun is coming in and out. The temperature gauge on the back porch is reading 67F around 10 a.m. this morning, so unusually warm out with the humidity very high. In the twenties a couple days ago, and now going to be in the low 70’s today, just weird. But, perfect weather to come out and have a nice smoke, and I picked out this Ashton VSG Belicoso that has some significant age to it (has “Cabinet” on the yellowish band).

The cigar has a medium to dark brown wrapper that is rather coarse with noticeable oil and a couple of prominent veins. It feels somewhat light in the hand, firm when squeezed, and after clipping a small amount from the tapered head I find a perfect draw with taste of matured tobacco coming through.

With the foot lit and burning perfectly, I take a couple puffs and then a long draw to get a nice peppery spice on the back of the throat. The smoke itself a good medium strength with an incredible richness right from the start. My first thought is how smooth and creamy the smoke is. Sweet, raw honey, toasted nut, dark cocoa, worn leather, and cedar wood flavors come through, seemingly complex with a finish that is lasting on the palate.

I take a walk around the yard, enjoying the beautiful morning, a soft breeze is blowing that feels incredibly good. The burn on the cigar is sharp with a medium gray ash forming that holds well until tapped off. Medium strength smoke continues to flow effortlessly through the perfect draw with a very smooth, almost silky body that brings rich flavors to the palate. I find it difficult to take my time with this cigar as it is so good, the finish left on the palate is simply delicious and lasting.

Halfway through and into the final third, the smoke performs perfectly with sharp burn, perfect draw, and excellent, rich flavors that I just can’t get enough of. This was one of the best Ashton’s I’ve had the privilege of putting fire to and hated to see it end. An incredible smoke to say the least!

01-17-2010AshtonVSGBeli001.jpg

01-17-2010AshtonVSGBeli002.jpg

01-17-2010AshtonVSGBeli003.jpg

01-17-2010AshtonVSGBeli004.jpg

DSCF0879.jpg

DSCF0882.jpg

DSCF0883.jpg

DSCF0887.jpg

DSCF0888.jpg

DSCF0902.jpg

Great review and awesome pics Greg, I have the newer renditions of the belicoso and they are good tasting smokes too.

I picture myself looking through your scenery around you and I imagine it to be very quiet, unless of course the 18-wheeler just passed. Your dog must be able to run for miles if it wanted to. I wish I had sprawling land around my house.

You really cant go wrong with a VSG. Top 3 of mine of all time.

Another nice review Greg!

I have about a half a box left of the old ones and they are very good. Love the rounded band VSGs.

Great review and pics Greg!! Love the VSG!! They have dropped "Cabinet" from 2003, if I'm correct... So this cigar had some age, awesome!!

So the hater of VSGs has finally come around? Good to see you are enjoying these now even though it was the aged version. I have a Cabinet Enchantment that I have been holding onto for a while. May have to spark it up soon.

Love the VSG! Nice review as always Greg. Thanks

Looks like it was an absolutely delicious smoke! VSGs are definitely one of my favorites. As always, thanks for the review Greg!