• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Padron Serie 26 No. 1 Maduro

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
What an absolutely gorgeous day with clear blue sky, soft breeze, and almost seventy degrees; feels almost like spring time. The wife decides to do some car cleaning, so I head out and hit the shed as it’s in dire need of straightening up. The baby girl decides to join me, finds a toy broom left over from Halloween, and commences to “sweep” up. After finishing all that up, we head out to the walnut tree to have some fun, however I make a short stop in the house to grab a Padron ? and the bottle of Saison Dupont I picked up Friday.

After a good hour of play time, the wife and baby girl head inside to fix a bite to eat, so I have a sit down and have a look at the Padron. The wrapper is a dark brown in color with noticeable oil glistening in the warm sunlight, one prominent vein running the length. It’s very firm, has a solid weight to it, and after punching the cap I find a perfect draw with sweet, cocoa like taste coming through.

The cigar lights easily and billows of smoke pours from the fire, a delicious aroma reaches my nostrils. I take a couple puffs, a long draw, and incredibly rich medium strength smoke flows over the palate with a decent amount of white pepper spice on the tongue. Flavors are fantastic with rich cocoa, leather, wood, and ginger coming through in the very lasting finish. I pick up the bottle of Saison Dupont and see pieces of…something…floating in the bottom of the bottle. Not sure if this is normal? I begin to unwind the metal holder on the cork and within seconds there’s a loud POP and the cork goes flying in the air, actually catches me off guard and makes me jump. The smell of beer is immediately in the air and white “smoke” is coming from the now open bottle. I pour some of the golden liquid in my glass, take a drink, and find a bitter sweet taste of beer. I’m not much of a beer drinker, so am not sure if I should describe it as very hoppy or what, however to me it taste like…beer. Actually reminds me a lot of Corona.(wishing I had a lime :D ), and isn’t that good a pairing with the Padron. However, drink it I will.

The cigar is performing perfectly with sharp burn and a very light gray ash forming that holds well until tapped off. I would describe the strength as medium to full with the body matching, and flavors, oh the flavors are incredibly rich and delicious with the smoke smooth and creamy over the palate leaving a lasting finish that makes me smack my lips more than once. I finish up my second glass of the beer and pour the remaining bit, in which the pieces of whatever it is now floating around in there. Again, I’m not sure if this is normal and am a bit leery of drinking it, so I wait until it looks like most of it has floated to the bottom before drinking.

I’m actually feeling a slight buzz from the beer, which should tell you about how much I drink. The sun on my back is soaking into my sweatshirt and feels really good. That with the beer is making my eyes a bit heavy. At the halfway mark and into the final third with the Padron, everything is as previously described; sharp burn, perfect draw, billows of white, delicious medium to full strength smoke. I’m absolutely enjoying a beautiful Sunday afternoon.

02-21-10Padron26No1003.jpg

02-21-10Padron26No1004.jpg

02-21-10Padron26No1001.jpg

02-21-10Padron26No1002.jpg

Your review makes me want to break my 26's out and smoke 'em. However, the freezing fog and light snow flurries are probably going to keep me inside today. I see that the Saison Dupont label says it is bottle conditioned which means that they leave the yeast in to let the beer carbonate in the bottle. Drink it up and enjoy the extra Vitamin B.

-Montagieu

Your snow is all gone! Amazing.

Great review. I can't wait to get outside more as we get closer to spring. Today was nice and sunny here today.

All the best parts are at the bottom :)

Nice review! What was the final length of the smoke?

Great review of one of my favorite sizes of the Padron '26 line. Nice pics of the thaw Greg, glad to see some green poking its head out!
laugh.gif

Final length as in time? That's something I never do for some reason is look at what time I start and when it ends. If I had to guess probably around 1 hr 45 mts.

I also meant to add in previous post a HUGE thanks to Kurt (Cigardins) for this Padron.

Final length as in time? That's something I never do for some reason is look at what time I start and when it ends. If I had to guess probably around 1 hr 45 mts.

I also meant to add in previous post a HUGE thanks to Kurt (Cigardins) for this Padron.

Yea, I meant length as in time it took you to smoke it. I was just curious, looks like a huge one and wondered if it took 2 hours.

I don't find them to be a 2 hr smoke, but they are typically between an hour and 90mins for me..

Art

**edit for spell

As always Greg, great review.

I have never been disappointed with any Padron. Period. That's the quality you expect to see every single time. Unlike some other high end cigars, Padron's consistency keeps them at the top with everyone else trying to match their superior craftsmanship. I have no problem dropping $20-$22 on their higher end lines. Kind of makes me want one right now.

Most of the Saison's I've had could be considered malty. Hops add the bitterness to the beer. Saison Dupont is a tasty beer and like they said, the junk floating in it is dead yeast. Definitely not dangerous to drink, arguably good for you. If you are very careful when pouring and you leave a bit in the bottom of the bottle, you won't have to worry about letting the yeast settle.

I really like the Padrons and have a box of the 80's maduro and the 45's natural. Put a bunch of bandless cigars on a table and you can easily pick out the Padron. My one complaint is some of the Padron Series tend to smoke like wind tunnels. More specifically, the 6000's. Has anyone else had this issue?

Great review on one of my favorite sticks Greg. I find that the No. 1's are unlike any of the other cigars in that line. Always a treat... :thumbs: