• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fonseca No. 1 2009

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Fonseca No. 1 2009
6 ½ x 43

Casey had school tonight, so it was just Jess and I spending some daddy daughter quality time.  I asked what she wanted for dinner, and of course she asked if we could go to McDonald’s as she loves to go in the play room.  When we got there, my cousin just happened to be there with his kids, so Jess ended up having a ton of fun.  After an hour or so, we headed back home, and I decided to grab the Fonseca No. 1 from 2009 out the humi. 

I remove the band and tissue from around the cigar and it’s in perfect condition with dark brown wrapper and one large vein running the length.  After punching the head, I test the draw and am very happy to have decent airflow coming through with a nicely aged tobacco flavor.  With the foot toasted, I take a few puffs, and then a long draw getting an ample amount of smoke.  As I let the smoke slowly escape my mouth, I get a really good straightforward tobacco that is prominently wood, cedar perhaps with a somewhat lasting finish. 

As I get further in, the draw opens up even more and the cigar is smoking perfectly with mid to full strength smoke coming through, and medium body.  The flavor continues to be really good to my palate, very woody as well as a sweet nuttiness.  I have to say I’m thoroughly enjoying this cigar.  There’s a perfect amount of white pepper, spicy yet not too spicy, and the finish continues to be semi-lasting. 

Towards the final third, Casey calls saying she is on her way home, and sounds really tired, which I know she is after having gone to work at six a.m, getting off at four-thirty, then heading straight to school, a good thirty to forty minute drive.  It seems I’ve timed the smoke just right as I’m close to finishing when she finally pulls around back. 

While this is one of the less expensive Cubans, it still performed flawlessly with perfect draw, burn, and just downright good flavor.  I actually hated to put it down, but put it down I did as it was late and time to get ready for bed.   

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/gallery/image/11738-04-15-14-fonseca-no-1-001-003/

Your reviews always give me the itch to pick something up for the night.

This stick is a real charmer. I think it has a unique nutmeg spice that seems to linger nicely after it's been put down.

Thanks for the reminder!

coopsdeloops said:
Your reviews always give me the itch to pick something up for the night.

This stick is a real charmer. I think it has a unique nutmeg spice that seems to linger nicely after it's been put down.

Thanks for the reminder!
Thanks brother! I think you hit the nutmeg spice dead on.

I've never had one of these, nice review. You didn't want to put it down but it's okay, you were almost done anyways.