• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Johnny-O! 1966

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Johnny-O! 1966
6 ½ x 52

It’s been a rather nice, lazy day today with both the wife and me off from work for Good Friday.  We went and did a little shopping, I got some tomatoes and sweet banana plants to add in my tiny garden beside the house.  After picking up a few things, we decided to go grab some lunch at a local Mexican restaurant, which is a very small place behind a little grocery store where no one speaks English.  The food I have to say is definitely authentic, and luckily Casey does speak a little Spanish (her mother is full-blooded Mexican).  After thoroughly enjoying the food and our bellies quite full, we headed back home; however stopped at the liquor store on the way, and I grabbed a bottle of Grants. 

I knew it was going to be pretty bad weather the next couple days, so yesterday took the chainsaw, cut up a good bit of wood, and brought it inside.  I’ve now just lit a fire, and am settled in to try out another of the smokes John sent me.  This one is a big smoke with a thick shag foot, and unfortunately the pigtail that was on top broke off at some point.  The wrapper is a dark brown with slight oil, and after punching the cap find the draw perfect, tasting of really good, earthy tobacco and what I find as a very unusual flavor for John’s smoke; Cocoa.  It is identical to the taste I’ve gotten before in the cold draw of a Padron thousand series maduro. 

I put fire to the loose tobacco in the shag foot, and let the tobacco burn down, then start taking a puff now and then until it reaches the actual foot of the cigar.  After a couple quick puffs, I take a long draw and for some reason there’s not much smoke coming out.  But, what does come through, I’m thinking the cigar may have gone into its sick period as there’s a rather awful taste on the palate. 

I smoke on though, but there’s no doubt it’s gone into the sick period as I just can’t continue on past the first third.  It’s just a bad burnt wood taste with bitterness, possibly ammonia in the mix.  Shame too as I was looking forward to this one as it was a gorgeous cigar.  Knew I should’ve smoked it sooner!  Many thanks John for sending! 

My baby...notice the left eyebrow is up...not a good sign lol!