• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whats Brewin'?

bluue13

Anyone brewing anything good lately?

I'm shooting for a single hop IPA using the new Sabro hop. I tried it a few months ago and something went horribly wrong and I had a pretty nasty chlorophenol situation so I had to dump it.

Trying again, adjusting the grain bill a bit and seeing what happens.

Basic outline:

~62% 2 row/pale
~26% flaked oats
~9% white wheat malt
~2% honey malt

1oz Sabro 10min boil
2oz Sabro flameout/steep for 15min
4oz Sabro dry hop for 7 days.

I may play around with the hop amounts a little.

Cheers!

Anyone brewing anything good lately?

I'm shooting for a single hop IPA using the new Sabro hop. I tried it a few months ago and something went horribly wrong and I had a pretty nasty chlorophenol situation so I had to dump it.

Trying again, adjusting the grain bill a bit and seeing what happens.

Basic outline:

~62% 2 row/pale
~26% flaked oats
~9% white wheat malt
~2% honey malt

1oz Sabro 10min boil
2oz Sabro flameout/steep for 15min
4oz Sabro dry hop for 7 days.

I may play around with the hop amounts a little.

Cheers!
Let me know when you need a taste test. I’ll be right down!
Lol

Damn dude. What setup is this Jason?
It's an eBIAB rig. Im using a Grounded Brewing tech kettle,basket, and panel. A Blichmann Riptide pump, Stainless steel counter flow chiller. My fermenter is a Spike brewing 7 gal unitank conical. It sits in a True GDM12 beverage fridge. I also use a custom built PID temp controller to manage fermentation temps.

It's an eBIAB rig. Im using a Grounded Brewing tech kettle,basket, and panel. A Blichmann Riptide pump, Stainless steel counter flow chiller. My fermenter is a Spike brewing 7 gal unitank conical. It sits in a True GDM12 beverage fridge. I also use a custom built PID temp controller to manage fermentation temps.

Backslide brewing! Very nice. Let me know when you're next Barrel Aged stout is ready, I'll make the drive over to Manitou Springs :)

You need to take landscape pictures or they won't load correctly.

66° is a perfect balance between the clove and banana flavors 3333 produces. 68° is all banana, 69° and above produces fusel alcohols that I notice. 64-65° all clove no banana. 62-63° produces a clean flavor like 1056. I've been using 3333 for my NE IPA's. It's such a versitle yeast that works well in may different styles.