• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Caring, Sharing & Brotherhood

Pugman1943

OR, why is CP a good place to be?

It's not a five word answer. Ive been here 10 years. I started off by dissing off 128 BOTL and got roasted and invited to learn or leave. I have continued to learn. In the process you make some wonderful friends that literally come out of the woods.

Two things happened to me recently that are worth sharing to both newbies and regulars. I happen to enjoy a good maduro, been doing that for over nine years, and we share our joy within these lines for those who might want to try our current pleasure. We read these posts, see whats up, comment if we choose and move on. In one of my posts I simply mentioned that I had smoked a Davidoff Sir Winston, but because of my appreciation of the person, Sir Winston Churchill I wanted to try the H Upmann.

There is a following of BOTL that enjoy a leaf from a Caribbean island that has a different profile, taste, notes that until recently I didn't pay attention to, I mean, how good could it be? But to learn you must try, which I did.

I ventured out on my own, but with no direction. I didn't know gold from silver and was lost in the woods. Enter brother golfgar. We exchanged mail and he put together a group of sticks which I purchased, along with a note "something special was I included. I also decided to venture out on my own to find a single of H Upmann, I could not find that, only a box which was expensive for never trying one. Back to the brotherhood. A well known member, CigSid is a plethora of knowledge when is comes to the Caribbean leaf. I wrote seeing if he might want to do a box split. No Ed, I only buy or age boxes with at least eight years on them. So I'm S.O.L.

But the brotherhood and sharing is at work unbeknown to me. About a week later I receive mail from CigSid saying to look out for a package with the H Upmann and a few others to try.

In the end, golfgar and CigSid had both sent the H Upmann Sir Winnie. Caring and sharing had blessed me with sticks they felt would give me a better appreciation of that island leaf.

CP is that kind of place if you have the patience to contribute your thoughts, photos, feelings on sticks, food, drink, hobbies, travel and life in general. The rules are common sense that apply in everyday life. The rewards, friendship, understanding of so many items it boggles the mind, and, the unexpected extras that kind of just happen.

CP is the place you want to be, so contribute, share, and enjoy.

Amazing post and I completely agree. My knowledge, experience, and understanding completely changed after joining the pass. I appreciate the opportunity to learn and participate in an amazing community. Good job everyone involved.

Great post, Ed. This place is an amazing community, and probably my favorite forum I'm a part of on the internet. I've had the pleasure to meet Larry before (Golfgar), and I can assure you he is just as great of a person in real life as he is here on the boards. I'm very happy you had the opportunity to try the HUSW -- I hope it was all you wanted it to be!

Ed - happy to have you as a member of the community. :)

I could not agree more, Ed! This community is one of a kind.

Loved reading this!!

Could not have expressed it any better...

Well done Ed

Home is where the heart is Ed and I’m glad you’re here.