• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today’s Smoke 2019

After work tonight I smoked one of my best and drank a toast to those who didn't survive today. I'm involved in the warbird community, and we're a tight-knit family. Although the Collings Foundation it's the group I volunteer with, I've flown with many of these guys and we all pull an oar in the same boat.

Blue skies my friends!

2019-10-02 19.03.45 (2).jpg

Prayers for the injured and the families of all.

ETA: If this ever happens to me, I want all you guys to do similar -- drink and smoke your best in celebration of what I hope was a life well-lived, that was spent in pursuit of my passion, and in balance of faith, family, and friends.

Last edited:
After work tonight I smoked one of my best and drank a toast to those who didn't survive today. I'm involved in the warbird community, and we're a tight-knit family. Although the Collings Foundation it's the group I volunteer with, I've flown with many of these guys and we all pull an oar in the same boat.

Blue skies my friends!

View attachment 27738

So sorry for your loss 😔 I pray they all rest easy

Blue skies my friends!

View attachment 27738

I was heartbroken when I saw that yesterday -- for the crew, for the passengers, for the aircraft, and for everyone that has put so much blood, sweat, and tears into keeping it airworthy. My wife knows that if I ever have the opportunity, I will pay the exorbitant fee required for the incredible opportunity to fly in a B-17... even if just for 20 minutes. My thoughts are with you and your entire community. Thank you for what you do to keep the history alive.

Blue skies my friends!

View attachment 27738

Oh man. I'm sorry about your loss.

I was heartbroken when I saw that yesterday -- for the crew, for the passengers, for the aircraft, and for everyone that has put so much blood, sweat, and tears into keeping it airworthy. My wife knows that if I ever have the opportunity, I will pay the exorbitant fee required for the incredible opportunity to fly in a B-17... even if just for 20 minutes. My thoughts are with you and your entire community. Thank you for what you do to keep the history alive.

Thanks Bro, I sincerely appreciate that. If you ever make it to VA, I'll give you a ride in the Avenger. It's not a B-17 but it's still magical.

DE Papas Fritas while walking the dog tonight. It has been in my herfador since the move, and it has dried out a bit too much. Still smokable, though. Definitely a letdown after what I've been smoking these last few weeks.
They will ruin you!
I used to not understand people that said they only smoked Cuban cigars. It sounded so snobbish to me back then.
I feel let down more and more these days when I smoke NC cigars.

Blue skies my friends!

View attachment 27738

ETA: If this ever happens to me, I want all you guys to do similar -- drink and smoke your best in celebration of what I hope was a life well-lived, that was spent in pursuit of my passion, and in balance of faith, family, and friends.
For those of us not in the Know, can you elaborate? Thanks in advance.

For those of us not in the Know, can you elaborate? Thanks in advance.

The Collings Foundation has several WWII airplanes that tour the country educating the public about the Greatest Generation and giving rides in their airplanes. While at a tour stop in Bradley, CT yesterday, a B-17 crashed on landing with 10 passengers on board. The last news I saw reported seven fatalities. I've heard from the warbird community that both pilots are among the dead, and I've been seeing tributes to their lives today, which has been awesome.

The Collings Foundation has several WWII airplanes that tour the country educating the public about the Greatest Generation and giving rides in their airplanes. While at a tour stop in Bradley, CT yesterday, a B-17 crashed on landing with 10 passengers on board. The last news I saw reported seven fatalities. I've heard from the warbird community that both pilots are among the dead, and I've been seeing tributes to their lives today, which has been awesome.
Damn. That’s terrible. Thanks for sharing.