• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

American Whiskey II

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
Jim Beam Yellow Label Rye Whiskey, 80 Proof, about $13 for 750ml and $16 for the 1L.

Jim%20Beam%20Rye.JPG

What makes a whiskey a rye whiskey is at least 51% of rye grain used in the distillation process. In the days before Prohibition rye whiskey was THE american whiskey holding a huge market share.

Jim Beam Rye is not that whiskey, it is aged longer at 4 years and is not a 100% rye grain. However, it is one of the best buys in all of whiskey. It noses with rye and vanilla and has a sweet, although not as sweet as bourbon, taste with a little bitterness on the sides of the tongue. The finish is long and soft with no aftertaste.

Every well stocked bar should have a bottle of Rye and while they aren't as popular as before they do make a nice change when mixing cocktails or for the occasional drink over ice. Jim Beam Rye is a great place to start your rye whiskey experience. :thumbs:

No Rye Whiskey fans I guess.

Never had this kind before. I should try some... sounds like a quality drink to have.

From the depths....haha!

I'm a huge Rye Whiskey guy by the way. However I can not say I've tried this Rye. I've got some where over 50 ryes at the house and another 50 or so other variations of whiskey (bourbon, scotch), but Jim Beam rarely finds it way onto my shelves....other than Knob Creek and Basil Haydens. But I don't love either of those much.

In short, maybe this Jim Beam Rye is ok.....but if there's one distiller that for me can rarely produce anything worth a damn, it's Jim Beam.

From the depths....haha!

I'm a huge Rye Whiskey guy by the way. However I can not say I've tried this Rye. I've got some where over 50 ryes at the house and another 50 or so other variations of whiskey (bourbon, scotch), but Jim Beam rarely finds it way onto my shelves....other than Knob Creek and Basil Haydens. But I don't love either of those much.

In short, maybe this Jim Beam Rye is ok.....but if there's one distiller that for me can rarely produce anything worth a damn, it's Jim Beam.
I agree, not many offers by Jim Beam are super impressive, but they are great for guests 😉 I always keep a bottle of Basil Hayden in the cabinet, it started as a joke because it was neat to have my name on a bottle, but I’ve actually grown quite fond of it.