• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Beer Did You Drink Today (2019)

Wife and I went for some adult time and stopped in at a local cider place. To be honest, I was disappointed. Some interesting ciders, gonna stick with beer :)

IMG_20191116_145235_078.jpg

We then walked down to American Solera. My wife had a glass of Raspbarrel and it was good, but she really enjoyed the Dollar for Dollar (stout) that I ordered. Definitely going back, since they built this new facility.

20191118_140903.jpg

Dragon's Milk makes some great barrel aged stouts. I might have to hit you up and do a trade sometime.
Dragons milk is the barrel aged stout (Brewed by New Holland Brewing Co.) this is a variation of the original Dragons milk. NHBC also makes a Beer Barrel Bourbon that is aged in Dragons milk barrels (which is aged in bourbon barrels.. it’s a beautiful cycle.) Is definitely be down to trade some brews sometime!

edit: And if you’re ever in my neck of the woods I’ll make sure to get you some dragons milk from the tap, infinity better than the bottle 😎🍻

Dragons milk is the barrel aged stout (Brewed by New Holland Brewing Co.) this is a variation of the original Dragons milk. NHBC also makes a Beer Barrel Bourbon that is aged in Dragons milk barrels (which is aged in bourbon barrels.. it’s a beautiful cycle.) Is definitely be down to trade some brews sometime!

edit: And if you’re ever in my neck of the woods I’ll make sure to get you some dragons milk from the tap, infinity better than the bottle 😎🍻

Yeah, that's what I meant. I knew NH brews that, not sure why I said it that way.

Let me get through Thanksgiving and we'll do a trade!

Went to America Solera again this afternoon, with my wife. Had another Dollar for Dollar, which is great.

Then had this Full Sized Candy Bar. Holy shit, what a great coconut stout. Makes me want to buy into their membership for next year.

20191122_140418.jpg

Would you be a fan of tart Belgians?
Were you asking me or Holmes? If you were asking me, I just have a hard time getting past that yeasty taste (similar to certain Hefeweizens) as for the tart, I’m a huge fan of lambics. I think that’s the only tart Belgian I’ve ever had

as for the tart, I’m a huge fan of lambics. I think that’s the only tart Belgian I’ve ever had
Flander's style is different from Lambics or Hefe. If you like Balsamic vinegar, think more like that. Sweet, dark, tart, rich. Grape skins, figs, dark fruits... Duchesse is probably the best of the bunch.

Flander's style is different from Lambics or Hefe. If you like Balsamic vinegar, think more like that. Sweet, dark, tart, rich. Grape skins, figs, dark fruits... Duchesse is probably the best of the bunch.
Sounds like it’s worth a shot, I’ll keep and eye out for a bottle!

Started out today with a Quad Barrel Big Bad Baptist, that turned out to be infected. Sour tasting and all foam. Dumped it out:

20191123_120849.jpg

Next was an American Solera Distractions Grasp, which was great:

20191123_121349.jpg

Ended with a Bottle Logic number crunch:

20191123_134338.jpg

All while cleaning the garage and getting a few honey dos done.