• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2020

Do fresh ones have the same profile I'm assuming? Don't think I've ever had one, or at least not in a really long time. Paging @Not A Nice Person
I don’t smoke enough San Cristobal to really say, but pretty much all Pepin creations start with a very peppery profile before morphing into something else. While most NC cigars don’t age very well, this vintage example was outstanding. Very smooth/refined while full of flavor, and multi dimensional.

Do fresh ones have the same profile I'm assuming? Don't think I've ever had one, or at least not in a really long time. Paging @Not A Nice Person

I scored a "yellow cello" bundle of Fabulosos a few years back that had gotten lost in the depths of my local B&M's humidor & they were a bit smoother, richer & somewhat less intense than fresh. But that's my only experience with aged San Cristobals, since boxes usually don't last very long around here! 😁

~Boar

I don’t smoke enough San Cristobal to really say, but pretty much all Pepin creations start with a very peppery profile before morphing into something else. While most NC cigars don’t age very well, this vintage example was outstanding. Very smooth/refined while full of flavor, and multi dimensional.
Yeah, that's why I've moved away from Pepin blends, not a fan of the pepper, agree with Jorge on that one. Leathery and dark chocolate are always winners though.

Has time been good to the AM line? Back in the early part of last decade AJF was trying to sell these (some of the core line, anyway, not sure when the Argentum was introduced) for $10-$15+ per stick in the big box "periodicals". A pretty band is not worth quite that much, and in my (limited, but growing) experience every Ave Maria I've smoked has never lived up to the artwork. The Argentum is supposed to be the powerhouse of the line, no? How was it?

Look what I found....
20200111_113332-jpg.29396

Finally restocked with one of my favorite NCs. Undercrown Sun Grown corona. Great start to the weekend!

Also, I’m on a deep-V kick for some reason, too. Been making good use of the Colibri George sent you me in Hawaii.
1DC7ED5F-1760-48B0-B0E3-712D57A3F883.jpeg

*EDIT* We're upside down for some reason... :/

Attachments

• IMG_1111.jpeg
    IMG_1111.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Finally restocked with one of my favorite NCs. Undercrown Sun Grown corona. Great start to the weekend!

Also, I’m on a deep-V kick for some reason, too. Been making good use of the Colibri George sent you me in Hawaii.
**PHOTO**

*EDIT* We're upside down for some reason... :/

Ok, question: Anyone have any experience with the UC Sungrown? In Hawaii, I never had any problems with them. However, once I broke into the cooler shipment I mailed here, the wrappers of each and every one of them had split while smoking. At first I just thought that it was due to damage during shipment, but I carefully examined some of them afterwards and saw nothing of note before lighting. Those, too, split while smoking. Ok, so, there was a humidity issue and/or the temperature fluctuations during the mailing process did something to them, I figured, even though it was over a month here before I even cracked the seal on the coolers. Whatev. Chalk it up to the move and cut my losses.

I lit up one today fresh out of the CI shipping bag and, sure enough, a split began forming in the wrapper after about an inch burned off of it. It wasn't a terrible split, and it didn't come apart, but it still concerns me. Temperatures were in the high 40s outside. I'm not sure of the humidity, but the fridgidor is at 65% and steady. I'll wait about a week before I try another and see if it happens again. Anyone have any idea why this may be? I have had no issues with any other cigars of any marca and vitola.