• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How has COVID-19 impacted you?

I’ll agree partially with the government distrust. A healthy skepticism is always a good thing, but what we are seeing is what happens when inept “officials” are making decisions. I’ve also witnessed what happens locally and nationally when competent leaders are in charge of making decisions. Typically, the most important choices made are those that locally will have a direct impact on you and those you love. We spend way too much time bickering, when we all just want a better tomorrow. Peace be with you and one love to all the B/SOTL here.
Most definitely we should hold some skepticism on government. There will always be those who do what they think is right for them in a global situation like this. I don't blame them, I want my family to be safe just as much. The stay at home orders are not about government control of "sheeple" It is about keeping people as healthy as possible. On the other hand, this can't go on much longer or we will collapse. I just want everyone to be as safe as possible. When this is over I hope that I was wrong and I didn't need to stay home but I don't think that will be the case.

Most definitely we should hold some skepticism on government. There will always be those who do what they think is right for them in a global situation like this. I don't blame them, I want my family to be safe just as much. The stay at home orders are not about government control of "sheeple" It is about keeping people as healthy as possible. On the other hand, this can't go on much longer or we will collapse. I just want everyone to be as safe as possible. When this is over I hope that I was wrong and I didn't need to stay home but I don't think that will be the case.
I’ve been seriously thinking about getting solar power (with a large battery array) and a very, very large underground propane tank with a generator (like I have at the server farm), thinking it wouldn't take much to topple society if you mix in just another small calamity along with this “bug”...

I’ve been seriously thinking about getting solar power (with a large battery array) and a very, very large underground propane tank with a generator (like I have at the server farm), thinking it wouldn't take much to topple society if you mix in just another small calamity along with this “bug”...

I would suggest checking State requirements for underground storage tanks before you bury a propane tank. Underground storage tanks usually require an annual inspection and many suppliers will ask to see your inspection cert before the fill it.

I would suggest checking State requirements for underground storage tanks before you bury a propane tank. Underground storage tanks usually require an annual inspection and many suppliers will ask to see your inspection cert before the fill it.
Not in Virginia anyways.

Gov. Abbott just ordered public schools to stay in shutdown mode for the rest of the school year, so I'll be working from home until August, at any rate. I work online anyway, as I've said, so the only differences are where my computer is and if I'm wearing pants or not. 🤪

LIttle bit concerned about his plan to start reopening OTHER things when there's not been nearly enough testing & while cases here are currently spiking. That just seems ..... dumb. Why keep the kids home but then bring the virus TO them?

~Boar

The idea of letting things loosen up when we aren’t really able (as a whole) to handle what we have concerns me. I feel like my governor has done a good job so far and will do a good job opening us back up but I don’t think that all governors will.

Not complaining. Well...partially complaining. Imagine keeping up with your 3 year old and 5 year old while also running your nonsurgical ortho clinic 5 days a week. Wife is working in the covid unit so they definitely ain’t going with her. I feel like I’m turning into an alcoholic trying to avoid anti-anxiety meds and waiting for the gyms to reopen. I just lack that motivation to work out while at home while I’m still working full time. Gonna try to get back on my carnivor-ish diet this next week tho.

Not complaining. Well...partially complaining. Imagine keeping up with your 3 year old and 5 year old while also running your nonsurgical ortho clinic 5 days a week. Wife is working in the covid unit so they definitely ain’t going with her. I feel like I’m turning into an alcoholic trying to avoid anti-anxiety meds and waiting for the gyms to reopen. I just lack that motivation to work out while at home while I’m still working full time. Gonna try to get back on my carnivor-ish diet this next week tho.

Try Intermittent Fasting. It will help with weight, mind and sleep. Hit me up if you have questions or there is a lot of info out there.

Try Intermittent Fasting. It will help with weight, mind and sleep. Hit me up if you have questions or there is a lot of info out there.
Might do that with this diet. I’ve done it before, sucks to get started but, you are right. Once you get it going it does help with the mind and stress.

I'm a midnight pharmacist in a small (120 bed) hospital in rural Louisiana. My work load has doubled, just making IV's for patients with COVID on vents. Like many, I thought it would be like a bad flu season, but this is different. If you wanted to design an organism (if I may call a virus an organism) to weed out the old and weak, this would be it. It attacks those with hypertension, COPD and diabetes with a vengeance.
The respiratory therapists and nurses are frightened, the old ones are terrified. You can see it in their eyes. I listened to a conversation between two older respiratory therapists early this week and one said, "I'll take the vent patients tonight, you've got children". I've gotten a new respect for some old friends here. I've been here 28 years, some others longer.
I work harder, sleep harder, pray harder and drink harder.

The wrap up of this weekends Covid Inspired house projects:
-I got the last two Railrod tie stairs bolted in. I need probably another 12 or so to complete it. Lots of digging now around roots and rocks on those up hill timbers! 10 stairs in total completed! 3EB54632-6609-4383-9F0A-F25553601203.jpeg1E82CBCA-1EE3-4FDE-9F69-7C3F685C043B.jpeg
-We also mulched 17 trees and placed rock boarders around 12 of them so far. We need another load of stone to finish the rest. We’ve placed 2,500 pounds so far.
9974C4BB-1EF6-4B10-92AC-8CB89B970C17.jpeg

The wrap up of this weekends Covid Inspired house projects:
-I got the last two Railrod tie stairs bolted in. I need probably another 12 or so to complete it. Lots of digging now around roots and rocks on those up hill timbers! 10 stairs in total completed! View attachment 30859View attachment 30860
-We also mulched 17 trees and placed rock boarders around 12 of them so far. We need another load of stone to finish the rest. We’ve placed 2,500 pounds so far.
View attachment 30861

What are you going to fill the stairs in with?

Welp. 😒

Noticed day before yesterday I'd put on 8 freakin' pounds since the shutdown started. Which is the OPPOSITE of what I'm trying to do this year! I haven't been eating that much more, but definitely a few more carbs & more frequent takeout via Grubhub & DoorDash (even though 1 restaurant meal is usually 2-3 meals for me, it's still less calorie, carb & fats conscious than my usual diet). The larger problem, I suspect, is that the volume of online work & meetings has me sitting on my big fat ass in front of a screen the entire day & the longest walks I take are to the fridge & the shitter.

So . . . . back on the exercycle & back on the diet. Started both back up again yesterday.

~Boar

Welp. 😒

Noticed day before yesterday I'd put on 8 freakin' pounds since the shutdown started. Which is the OPPOSITE of what I'm trying to do this year! I haven't been eating that much more, but definitely a few more carbs & more frequent takeout via Grubhub & DoorDash (even though 1 restaurant meal is usually 2-3 meals for me, it's still less calorie, carb & fats conscious than my usual diet). The larger problem, I suspect, is that the volume of online work & meetings has me sitting on my big fat ass in front of a screen the entire day & the longest walks I take are to the fridge & the shitter.

So . . . . back on the exercycle & back on the diet. Started both back up again yesterday.

~Boar
Yep, i noticed an extra 10 lbs in the last month... and I was doing so good!! I went from 225 to 190 in about 3 months, now back to 203... back to the gym (downstairs) and no more of those pot brownies!! 😂

Yep, i noticed an extra 10 lbs in the last month... and I was doing so good!! I went from 225 to 190 in about 3 months, now back to 203... back to the gym (downstairs) and no more of those pot brownies!! 😂
I’m in the same boat. I’m journaling my food , cutting down on my alcohol and making sure to get in as much exercise and walks as possible.

What are you going to fill the stairs in with?
I’m going to fill them with stone. Gravel up to about 3” from the top and then install some filter fabric with some sort of decorative stone on top. That’s about as far as I got. In 2 or 3 weeks I’ll have it figured out and possibly done.

I’m going to fill them with stone. Gravel up to about 3” from the top and then install some filter fabric with some sort of decorative stone on top. That’s about as far as I got. In 2 or 3 weeks I’ll have it figured out and possibly done.
Since you have the time... why don’t you run a wire, and have some led lights under some thick acrylic sheets covering each stair?

Since you have the time... why don’t you run a wire, and have some led lights under some thick acrylic sheets covering each stair?
That is a cool idea. Where would I find led lights of that size and also the acrylic sheets? Can you point me in a direction?