• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Virtual Lounge or Zoom meeting?

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
I’ve run into some places that do a virtual lounge or a Zoom meeting. Is there one for CP or any interest in doing one? I’d be down.

Sure. Did one last night with a dozen or so fraternity brothers and had a good time. I was the only one smoking, though!

I'm 6 hrs ahead of EST, but will do my best to partake. As a professional Man of Leisure, even the middle of the night here should be doable.

We used to do this many years ago on a regular basis! It was really fun, and now with services like Zoom, it'll be even better.

Let's definitely set up a virtual herf, perhaps it can become a regular herf again. :)

I'm happy to coordinate this if you like. I'll start a poll to see what times/days work best for everyone.

Also, I'm pretty sure we can leave the virtual room open for anyone to schedule a herf, or pop in and see if someone is there. This brings chat to a whole new level. ;)

Stay tuned.

I'm happy to coordinate this if you like. I'll start a poll to see what times/days work best for everyone.

Also, I'm pretty sure we can leave the virtual room open for anyone to schedule a herf, or pop in and see if someone is there. This brings chat to a whole new level. ;)

Stay tuned.
Rod, that would be great. I was looking into Zoom and similar platforms last night and this morning and found several options. I beleive that free version of Zoom only allows for a 40 minute meeting of 3 people or less, while Google Hangouts or Google Meet offer unlimited time and upto 100 people. There are some other options out there but I've either not heard of them, or from my understanding limit people or time to the degree that a herf doesn't seem feasible.
Of course, the pay versions eliminate almost all limitations in terms of time or people. I'd be happy to chip in if we go for a pay service.

I beleive that free version of Zoom only allows for a 40 minute meeting of 3 people or less,

Free zoom has a 40 min cap if you have 3 or more people (up to 100). And my experience (tried it a couple times) is that the very first time you host a meeting, you get a pop up at 40 min saying they've waved the cap, and let you keep going.

Make this European friendly and I'm in. I'm not staying up tll the wee smalls with your ugly selves.