• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What’s Your Latest Purchase - 2020

Where did you find the Partagas 150 Brad? Surprising find considering those were released in 1995.
So, one of my good friends is a Nurse Practitioner in Tupelo I used to work for. Great guy, has brain cancer, but is an awesome fella and we really got close after his treatments when I covered his clinic for him. He sees ALOT of patients out of his clinic. Usually for each of our birthdays we will grab each other some alcohol. Well, one of his newer patients supplies quite a bit of cigars to the southeast. My buddy asked him for some rarer cigars for me for my birthday coming up (didn't know he did that, I just expected my typical alcohol trade). The guy called his head office and said xyz (their top buyer) CEO has a birthday coming up and asked for a gift for him. Now, I have 3 cigars in my lap that I've never heard anything about and am being told are worth around 1k! I'm kinda freaking out about it tbh. Not entirely sure the money part is right either. Like I said, I have no idea....any info you can add would greatly be appreciated!

So, one of my good friends is a Nurse Practitioner in Tupelo I used to work for. Great guy, has brain cancer, but is an awesome fella and we really got close after his treatments when I covered his clinic for him. He sees ALOT of patients out of his clinic. Usually for each of our birthdays we will grab each other some alcohol. Well, one of his newer patients supplies quite a bit of cigars to the southeast. My buddy asked him for some rarer cigars for me for my birthday coming up (didn't know he did that, I just expected my typical alcohol trade). The guy called his head office and said xyz (their top buyer) CEO has a birthday coming up and asked for a gift for him. Now, I have 3 cigars in my lap that I've never heard anything about and am being told are worth around 1k! I'm kinda freaking out about it tbh. Not entirely sure the money part is right either. Like I said, I have no idea....any info you can add would greatly be appreciated!

Though great cigars, the price point worthiness is subjective. I’m sure if you did a little searching you can find some very creative marketing writing on why General Cigar thinks the Cohiba and Partagas should command such a high price. Mostly due to the age of the tobacco used on both, along with how special the rollers are. I’ve never tried the Cohiba, but have had the Partagas 150 & 160. I really enjoy the mild refined taste with the sweet Cameroon wrapper profile. The LFD band looks like the ones I remember from the 2006-2010ish time period. Litto Gomez Was putting out some damn good cigars back then, and LFD was just hitting its stride.

A word of advice.... That Cameroon wrapper is super thin and delicate. Be very gentle with it! Put the cigar in your mouth for five minutes, then run the entire cigar under a water tap for a few seconds with the foot facing downward before you cut it with a quality cutter. Nothing worse than seeing an expensive cigar like that explode when you finally go to smoke it.

Though great cigars, the price point worthiness is subjective. I’m sure if you did a little searching you can find some very creative marketing writing on why General Cigar thinks the Cohiba and Partagas should command such a high price. Mostly due to the age of the tobacco used on both, along with how special the rollers are. I’ve never tried the Cohiba, but have had the Partagas 150 & 160. I really enjoy the mild refined taste with the sweet Cameroon wrapper profile. The LFD band looks like the ones I remember from the 2006-2010ish time period. Litto Gomez Was putting out some damn good cigars back then, and LFD was just hitting its stride.

A word of advice.... That Cameroon wrapper is super thin and delicate. Be very gentle with it! Put the cigar in your mouth for five minutes, then run the entire cigar under a water tap for a few seconds with the foot facing downward before you cut it with a quality cutter. Nothing worse than seeing an expensive cigar like that explode when you finally go to smoke it.
Thank you for this!!!

edit: do you do this after a certain year or age or only specific type smokes?

Last edited:
Thank you for this!!!

edit: do you do this after a certain year or age or only specific type smokes?

I put every cigar in my mouth for about five minutes before snipping them. I haven’t damaged/split one since. I just place them there. I don’t get them all wet and slobbery.
I usually do all the above I stated earlier when smoking few Cameroon wrapper cigars I’ve known to be extremely fragile, like those Partagas and Diamond Crown Standford’s 90ths.

tenor.gif

@cabaiguan juan, I can't say I've ever seen a Japanese cigar before. I can't see the whole band, but what I can see says, "...aakaina... namaki (cigar)"

Does the top line look something like, アーカイバー ?

@cabaiguan juan, I can't say I've ever seen a Japanese cigar before. I can't see the whole band, but what I can see says, "...aakaina... namaki (cigar)"

Does the top line look something like, アーカイバー ?
I’ll get back to you on Monday as we’re away this weekend but I haven’t seen 2 of these 3 cigars. I think that’s Privada’s thing. Find super limited stuff hat your likely to never try again. It’s a different take on COTM clubs for sure. This is my second month, as it is a birthday present.

Some nice additions today

small batch monthly club

Seriously, take note of the Padron 200. It is a powerhouse and TOTALLY different than anything you have ever smoked from Padron. Look at the foot and you will see no stem pieces, very visual on just the tobacco. I would love your comments when you smoke it. Suggest you do so after a full meal and without alcohol. Heavy, but more tasty than you can imagine.
View attachment 31682

and from cigar king a limited release special

View attachment 31683
View attachment 31684