• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2020

I have tasted what I would call “pencil lead” or “graphite” in older Cuban cigars... it’s actually one of the few tastes that I look for, along with white pepper (yes, WPM “white pepper matters”) and nutmeg... Oh... and no talcum powder though... never... ever...
I can get down with white pepper and nutmeg for sure. I’m sure the graphite is a - once you taste it, you recognize it - kind of thing. And as far as talcum powder, that’s a hard no. Lol

Hanging out by my pool (as you can see in the picture) smoking a great aganorsa from a sampler. Good bit of pepper on it but great flavors. I bet these get amazing with some years

View attachment 32204
Solid medium strength wise. Cedar with spice flavor wise. Complexity not really. Perhaps it will do better with age who knows. Is the $30 price tag justified? Maybe for a true Davidoff fan but not in my opinion

View attachment 32217
good to know. I have two that I’m coveting

Lol! I’m sure you at some point you put the tip of a pencil in your mouth as a kid in school. If you ever smoke a really old (and properly cared for) Cuban cigar that descriptor will just click. Let’s see if @CigSid or @cody5thou can elaborate. I didn’t get Talcum Powder though. 😁

I definitely get a pencil/graphite flavor with 20yr plus cubans. Very unique flavor but somehow it’s not overwhelming.

Not getting any #2 pencil 😉 but heavy with cream, nutmeg and a faint pepper spice. I could get on board with a few more of these

View attachment 32245
These we’re released in 2014, and are really coming around... LOVE the nutmeg in these. I’m going to give them another 3 to 5 years, that will strengthen the caramel flavors...

You will taste the graphite in old Partagas, montecristos, RyJ’s and a few others.