• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hurricane Laura.

I second that. Prayers for everyone facing this horrific storm. I have a few BOTLs out in Texas, one specifically in Houston.

I haven’t been paying attention to it. I’m in north Mississippi so we usually just get some naders

I second that. Prayers for everyone facing this horrific storm. I have a few BOTLs out in Texas, one specifically in Houston.
Looks like Houston will be a near miss. East of us... Beaumont, Orange, most of Louisiana are going to get major storm surge. Predicted to be 15'. This is devastating on top of any rain and wind damage.

That's so scary. I was seeing on the news that the storm surge could be as high as 20 feet in some areas, and that the surge could reach as far as 30 miles inland. I can't imagine what everyone is experiencing right now, or in the hours and days to come.

Scap, are you in the path of Laura? If so, please be safe!

That's so scary. I was seeing on the news that the storm surge could be as high as 20 feet in some areas, and that the surge could reach as far as 30 miles inland. I can't imagine what everyone is experiencing right now, or in the hours and days to come.

Scap, are you in the path of Laura? If so, please be safe!

Luckily, I'm on the far west side of Houston.

Wind is blowing a bit harder and steadier than normal, and we have some cloud cover.... otherwise, all is well on this side.

This storm looks terrible. :( from what I’ve seen of predicted paths, Lake Charles is going to get its ass handed to it, and I just hope the people there and nearby areas have tried to evacuate. I know that doesn’t always happen, but you have to do the best you can in these cases. Prayers for all in the path and surrounding areas.

I have friends albeit ones I haven’t talked to in a long time that live in that area, some of the most rural parts. When katrina came they got out, but it took a couple weeks to track them down in some of the other parish’s further north that they evacuated too.

The thought that this could make landfall as a 4 or 5 is just devastating. I’m at loss for words about it. On top of it, the COVID stuff, the shelters that have to run at less capacity because of that..worst time for this to happen. I just hope people didn’t stick around longer because Marco fizzled.

:(

Our thoughts are with everyone in its path. Fuck 2020. Seriously, fuck this year.

Be safe, all.

I honestly haven’t watched much of the aftermath stuff on the news, but what I did see did not look good. :( I was hoping for better because the middle of the night coverage didn’t seem too crazy, but it was dark and those guys were trying to be safe so I get it.

We are in northeast Louisiana, had 50 mph sustained winds. Lost a big oak tree and a big pine tree, but only minor damage to our neighbor’s stairs.
We lost power for two days, some here still don’t have power.
I’m 300 miles from the coast, I’ve never seen a hurricane this powerful here. Our sustained winds lasted two hours. In the past we would have gusts for a few seconds every minute or so.
I couldn’t stand outside because I couldn’t keep my balance (and I’m heavy and built low to the ground). I felt like Jim Cantore!
Praying we don’t see another one like this; wondering what the last quarter of 2020 has in store, flying monkeys??

We are in northeast Louisiana, had 50 mph sustained winds. Lost a big oak tree and a big pine tree, but only minor damage to our neighbor’s stairs.
I’m 300 miles from the coast, I’ve never seen a hurricane this powerful here. Our sustained winds lasted two hours. In the past we would have gusts for a few seconds every minute or so.
I couldn’t stand outside because I couldn’t keep my balance (and I’m heavy and built low to the ground). I felt like Jim Cantore!
Praying we don’t see another one like this; wondering what the last quarter of 2020 has in store, flying monkeys??
Shit this didn't even occur to me when I sent the pipe tobacco pass. Glad it landed safely!

Yes, I watched it all the way past you... it was a hurricane for a long time, and would have done a crazy amount of damage if it hit just a bit east (or west) of there... Glad you made it though ok...