• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What wine did you drink today?

This one was pretty good to me, but what do I know about bubbly...
View attachment 37517
Honestly that's one of my favs. Easy to find and for the price it gives me everything I want. I was anticipating sharing that bottle with the GF on Thursday night however she's not much of a drinker and I didn't want to take a whole 750 to my dome (at least, not on this night).

Opened a 2016 Chateau Haut Canteloup Bordeaux. Decent table wine, in my opinion.

Picked 3 bottles randomly from the cellar (because they looked cool)

Tried the first one a few nights ago, the Elu, it was really good... The second one was last night with the Emmolo, which I decanted, then got sidetracked for an hour and a half (Good to see you last night gentlemen (and you too Ben) and by the time we started drinking it, it was absolutely delicious...
Tonight we will try the Cakebread...

FD130A3B-1C13-46C3-937C-300DB6879A05.jpeg

Tried the first one a few nights ago, the Elu, it was really good... The second one was last night with the Emmolo, which I decanted, then got sidetracked for an hour and a half (Good to see you last night gentlemen (and you too Ben) and by the time we started drinking it, it was absolutely delicious...

View attachment 37604

Cake bread is really good. Their Cabernet Sauvignon is fantastic

View attachment 37604
You really should be more careful Bill. Are those plastic straws in the background? You can get 15 years in jail in CA for those I hear.... 😂

I concur, the Cakebread is pretty damn solid. I'm unfamiliar with the others, but good I'm sure.

Chemistry wine made by an amazing brother!!! @Brickhouse this is some of the best wine I have ever had!!! My wife had some and liked it also. She doesn’t like red wine bedside it’s normally to dry for her. Thank you so much brother!!!!
B6EFD4A2-C7C3-412D-8FD9-E3CE8DA83BDB.jpeg

Chemistry wine made by an amazing brother!!! @Brickhouse this is some of the best wine I have ever had!!! My wife had some and liked it also. She doesn’t like red wine bedside it’s normally to dry for her. Thank you so much brother!!!!
View attachment 38943

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! I typically will only drink Merlot with a good meal, but I think this one is drinkable alone as well.

Thanks for the feedback, nice to get some other opinions. I'll keep you in mind for some future bottles!

The wine is just an everyday drinker but with venison backstrap, it will be perfect!

The backstrap was dry-rubbed with tarragon (the key ingredient with venison), turmeric, cumin, fresh ground black pepper and season salt. Vacuum sealed and will be cooked sous-vide.
1614010624259.png

Little experiment. Trying to see how long a bottle of port lasts if I'm the only one drinking it every so often. Picked up a decent bottle (I assume. I know very little about port) and will see how long before the oxidization makes it undrinkable. Honestly, with this first pour, I think some oxidization will improve it a bit.