• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cameroon and Scotch or Whiskey Pairing

des1517

Does anyone have any good Cameroon and Scotch or whiskey pairing suggestions?

Thanks!

Cameroon’s tend to be heightened with sweetness and some pepper.

If it were me, I’d pair it with a rye whiskey like Bulleit Rye or Pikesville.

Most any smokey scotch will do, as the smokiness will go well with a sweet/peppery cigar.

Is Cameroon on the sweeter side? If so, try a wheated whiskey or a scotch that is finished in a port or Madura cask.
Cameroon’s tend to be heightened with sweetness and some pepper.

If it were me, I’d pair it with a rye whiskey like Bulleit Rye or Pikesville.

Most any smokey scotch will do, as the smokiness will go well with a sweet/peppery cigar.
Thanks Brickhouse! I do like a smokey, oakey, and somewhat salty whiskey or Scotch. I'll go on the hunt for a good rye. Didn't think about that. Thanks for the recommendation!

Thanks Brickhouse! I do like a smokey, oakey, and somewhat salty whiskey or Scotch. I'll go on the hunt for a good rye. Didn't think about that. Thanks for the recommendation!

Here’s a curveball. Find you a bottle of “Blackened” a nice smooth whiskey with a smokey profile, created by Dave Pickerell (former master distiller for Makers Mark). It was created for Metallica as their whiskey.

It’s actually damn fine, and it checks all the blocks you’re looking for at around $65.

Here’s a curveball. Find you a bottle of “Blackened” a nice smooth whiskey with a smokey profile, created by Dave Pickerell (former master distiller for Makers Mark). It was created for Metallica as their whiskey.

It’s actually damn fine, and it checks all the blocks you’re looking for at around $65.
I’ve been curious about Blackened. I’m definitely going to have to check it out

I may have a bottle already unopened :) Might need to open it this weekend :)

I'm just a Metallica fan, so I interested to hear if it is actually any good (I've heard from others that it is not bad), or if it's an abomination like Conor McGregor's Proper 12.

I'm just a Metallica fan, so I interested to hear if it is actually any good (I've heard from others that it is not bad), or if it's an abomination like Conor McGregor's Proper 12.
Proper 12 isn't horrible. There isn't a lot to it in terms of flavor, but it goes down quick and easy

I drink a lot of whiskey....a....lot. I'm not saying that I'm an expert, I'm just saying that generally I've drank/drink enough whiskey to know what's good and what's not. Blackened is solid guys. It's worth your money if you get it around that $65 price point.

I bought it originally because I'm just a huge Metallica fan and wanted to have it around. I've had multiple bottles now. Everyone I pour it for is surprised that it is smooth, smoky, and maintains a bourbon profile even though it's a blend with some rye and finished in brandy casks.

I will always have a bottle at my bar going forward. It holds up.

Excellent. I'll go and try it sometime. Thanks for the suggestion!

I've never had a celeb owned booze brand that has been worth a damn.

I've never had a celeb owned booze brand that has been worth a damn.

I don’t completely disagree, but if it’s the right distiller then it could be promising.

Alice and Chains Bourbon by Few is fantastic.

Flaming Lips Rye by Few is great.

Blackened which was developed by Dave Pickerell (Former Master Distiller of Makers) is solid.

Casamigos tequila is celebrity owned I think and it’s damn good tequila

Good to learn about Blackened. I would have shied away from it as a gimmick. Kinda like the Sammy Hagar Cabo Wabo tequila. But hearing the distiller is from Makers Mark...I will have to try it. Same with the ones from Few.