• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How do you decide...

I'm still a newbie when it comes to cigars, so I'm still grabbing the sampler pack cigars or gifted cigars first to try something new. That way I can lengthen my 'go broke buying boxes' list.
I have been smoking cigars for about 15 years now and am still trying new ones regularly and only ever buy samplers, 3 singles or 3,4 or 5 packs so I always have a lot of variety which is nice but makes it difficult to choose one when I have about 40 different vitolas on hand, lol

I unfortunately have pretty bad memory damage from a medication I used to take, so i can never remember much more than whether I liked something or not. Can never remember details, so it makes it harder to choose

I unfortunately have pretty bad memory damage from a medication I used to take, so i can never remember much more than whether I liked something or not. Can never remember details, so it makes it harder to choose
I know many of the brothers do reviews for themselves or keep a journal. Mine is very basic and will probably expand over time. Someday I'll add impressions, cost, mood, weather, what I paired it with, etc as I learn. This is how I've done it so far and I'm as newbie as it gets. Just a sampling.

Ashton VSG, 9+, Triple Leaf, 2-18-21
Black Label Lawless - FC Didn’t smoke yet
CAO Brazilia - 8 TL, 2/18/21
CAO Consigliere, 9+, TL, 3/11/21
Crowned Head, Mil Dias, 9, good Rivermen Cigar Co. 2/2/21
Deisel Unlimited D5, full, 7+, DNA, Cardhu, cold night, 11/22/20
Dunbarton Sin Compromiso Seleccion Intrepido , 10, 3/8/21 Might be the best I’ve had, but XPNSV

I know many of the brothers do reviews for themselves or keep a journal. Mine is very basic and will probably expand over time. Someday I'll add impressions, cost, mood, weather, what I paired it with, etc as I learn. This is how I've done it so far and I'm as newbie as it gets. Just a sampling.

Dunbarton Sin Compromiso Seleccion Intrepido , 10, 3/8/21 Might be the best I’ve had, but XPNSV

THIS.

This is actually a big part of the experience for me. @EmergenCigar and I were talking over cigars and bourbon and I concluded that I could never settle on one cigar to smoke for the rest of my life. Sometimes I will go through all three coolerdors more than once looking for something to jump out at me, sometimes I march up to them and pull the stick I want.

The variety is key for me.

I wrote an algorithm, put my cigars in the database and let it pick for me every day...

‘’Well, not really 😂 but it sounded cool 😊

How was that PLPC last night?

I went to cigar shop back around 2008 and there was no humidor. I asked the old curmudgeon where the cigars were. He said "nobody goes in my humidor but me, what do you want?". I told him I couldn't tell him that unless I saw what he had. To this, he informed me that "real cigar smokers know what they want and that's all they smoke". My immediate reaction was to tell him to shove the dog turd he was smoking up his ass and walk out but I thought.....hmmmmmm......... maybe this means there is some good stuff back there that these goofy old bastards don't even think about.

I walked out with a box of Sharks at a great price :)