• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Monster Mash Advent

JoeMO

Happy to be here
Monster Mash Advent
Please join me on the Monster Mash Advent. (Nothing official, just a play on the Tatuaje Holiday Advent idea.)

My plan is to smoke the Monster Mash between October 16 to November 1. For those of you counting, I’ve thrown two days in there for misses or just wanting something different and November 1 will be a stick from All Saints Cigars courtesy of @CBoukal . You are welcome to join me for one or all. I will give a very minor review of each stick including notes or just a thumbs up or down. If you would like to give a longer review for any of the sticks, please do so.

Personally, as a newb, I rate each cigar on a scale as follows 90-100 - buy a box, 80-89, buy a fiver, 70-79, by a stick, 69 or below, I never need again.

I plan to start October 16 with Frank followed by Drac, Face, Wolf, Mummy, Jason, Jekyll, Hyde, Krueger, Michael, Chuck, Tiff, Bride, Creature, finishing off with the All Saint on November 1. (Picture from Atlantic Cigar Co google images)

AtlanticCigarCo.jpg

Last edited:
Monster Mash Advent
Please join me if you like on the Monster Mash Advent. (Nothing official, just a play on the Tatuaje Holiday Advent idea.)

My plan is to smoke the Monster Mash between October 16 to November 1. For those of you counting, I’ve thrown two days in there for misses or just wanting something different and November 1 will be a stick from All Saints Cigars (courtesy of @CBoukal). You are welcome to join me for one or all if you wish. I will give a very minor review of each stick including notes or just a thumbs up or down. If you would like to give a longer review for any of the Mash, please do so. Personally, as a newb, I rate each cigar on a scale as follows 90-100 - buy a box, 80-89, buy a fiver, 70-79, by a stick, 69 or below, I never need again.

I plan to start October 16 with Frank followed by Drac, Face, Wolf, Mummy, Jason, Jekyll, Hyde, Krueger, Michael, Chuck, Tiff, Bride, Creature, finishing off with the All Saint on November 1. (Picture from Atlantic Cigar Co google images)

View attachment 47958
Great idea, I don't really want to burn my box this quickly but I may play along with one or two with you. I'll certainly join you for the all saints.

Going with the Frank tonight. Hope I pay enough attention to doing it with the vherf, LOL. But who better to enjoy a smoke with?
Frank — 6 1/8 x 49 (Connecticut Broadleaf Wrapper). Saturday vherf paired with Glenfarclas 21. Cut with a punch. Smoked for about 80 minutes.
The first third was strong on the tongue - (pepper?), burned great, plenty of smoke, easy draw. A weird note on a couple of draws reminded me of marshmallows. Retrohale was pepper. First ash fell right in my lap, of course
Second third - much of the same, but a little more on the mellow side
Last third - I started to catch a little bitter, but all and all it was an enjoyable smoke.
Vherf brothers recommended pairing any review with room temperature water. But I like my scotch and whiskies, LOL.
Tomorrow will be the Drac. Edit: I'd give it an 88. I would buy a fiver anytime (I already bought a box of the redux, doh)

20211016_185043.jpg

Last edited:
Going with the Frank tonight. Hope I pay enough attention to doing it with the vherf, LOL. But who better to enjoy a smoke with?
Frank — 6 1/8 x 49 (Connecticut Broadleaf Wrapper). Saturday vherf paired with Glenfarclas 21. Cut with a punch. Smoked for about 80 minutes.
The first third was strong on the tongue - (pepper?), burned great, plenty of smoke, easy draw. A weird note on a couple of draws reminded me of marshmallows. Retrohale was pepper. First ash fell right in my lap, of course
Second third - much of the same, but a little more on the mellow side
Last third - I started to catch a little bitter, but all and all it was an enjoyable smoke.
Vherf brothers recommended pairing any review with room temperature water. But I like my scotch and whiskies, LOL.
Tomorrow will be the Drac.

View attachment 48085
Nicely done Joe; but what about this;
"scale as follows 90-100 - buy a box, 80-89, buy a fiver, 70-79, by a stick, 69 or below"

Drac — 5 1/4 x 52 (Ecuadorian Maduro Habano Wrapper)
10/17/21 Sunday night, a cool 49°, pairing with water, straight cut, 85 minutes
Dry draw was easy and construction seemed fine to me.
The first third had plenty of smoke and great taste. There were a couple of notes that I just couldn't put my finger on but the taste was very good. So...I cheated a looked up a couple of reviews and watched a youtube video. The reviews were from the Original Drac and they both mentioned mint. Hmm, I think that's what I was getting or was that a subliminal suggestion?
The second third was much of the same. How do you say it, something was reminding me of my youth and even boy scouts. I was picking up some leather, wood, white pepper, and more mint. Was it mint all along? Any guesses where my ash fell? LOL. I found myself retrohaling more than usual trying to identify the note that was prominent throughout the smoke. Like many of you, I usually just go with I liked it or I didn't.
The final third was more of the same in a good way. Mint is definitely the main note I was getting with something woody or leathery that I just couldn't put my figure on. I looked up "similar herbs or spices to mint" and one article mentioned these as replacements if you don't have mint - basil, marjoram, or parsley so I wonder if I was getting any of those. Just thinking.
Ben @modo22 called it. This was an excellent smoke. The minty note was something I've never experienced. Even now, 20 minutes later, it is still on my tongue and roof of my mouth.
I would get a box if they ever come out again. 94

20211017_221846.jpg

Last edited:
Face — 4 7/8 x 56 (Mexican San Andes Wrapper)
Used a punch, paired with water, 74°, 5:30pm
Dry draw was strong, thought I was in for a pepper bomb, but....
The first third had plenty of smoke, easy draw, nice smell
Initial notes of light pepper, one small touch up
Started getting notes of toast, not a lot of variation, but right in my wheelhouse
Put on Symphony of Destruction for backround music :)
The second third had plenty of smoke and I started getting a spice and woodiness
Another reviewer mentioned bittersweet chocolate, thought I picked up some graham cracker.
Ash lasted to about 1/2 way.
I'm not a coffee drinker but started wondering if that was the note I was picking up on
The last third was more of the same. I was thinking bitter chocolate, coffee and toward the end
thought that cinnamon may have been the spice I was getting the entire time. Who knows, right?
The burn was consistent and smoky throughout and finished at 7:30 for a 2 hour smoke.
Very solid and enjoyable smoke. I'd give it a 91. I'm not sure I'd buy a box because like you, I have too many already, but I enjoyed the entire smoke.

20211018_172118.jpg
20211018_181902.jpg

Last edited:
Face — 4 7/8 x 56 (Mexican San Andes Wrapper)
Used a punch, paired with water, 74°, 5:30pm
Dry draw was strong, thought I was in for a pepper bomb, but....
The first third had plenty of smoke, easy draw, nice smell
Initial notes of light pepper, one small touch up
Started getting notes of toast, not a lot of variation, but right in my wheelhouse
Put on Symphony of Destruction for backround music :)
The second third had plenty of smoke and I started getting a spice and woodiness
Another reviewer mentioned bittersweet chocolate, thought I picked up some graham cracker.
Ash lasted to about 1/2 way.
I'm not a coffee drinker but started wondering if that was the note I was picking up on
The last third was more of the same. I was thinking bitter chocolate, coffee and toward the end
thought that cinnamon may have been the spice I was getting the entire time. Who knows, right?
The burn was consistent and smoky throughout and finished at 7:30 for a 2 hour smoke.
Very solid and enjoyable smoke. I'd give it a 91. I'm not sure I'd buy a box because like you, I have too many already, but I enjoyed the entire smoke.

View attachment 48148
View attachment 48149
I really enjoyed mine as well. I did not have as good of a final 3rd as you did, but over all not disappointed at all. Question; have you been dry boxing these at all before smoking? Personally I have not and have not had any issues with their burn or performance.

I really enjoyed mine as well. I did not have as good of a final 3rd as you did, but over all not disappointed at all. Question; have you been dry boxing these at all before smoking? Personally I have not and have not had any issues with their burn or performance.
I am but my dry boxing has been suspect lately from opening and closing too much. Heck I get the Monster Mash box out to take a picture, then forget to put it away so I'm putting the cigars through the ringer.

Last edited:
20211019_150413.jpg20211019_155205_01~2.jpg
Wolf — 6 x 52 (Ecuadorian Sumatra Wrapper)
71°, beautiful afternoon with a slight breeze, drinking water, started at 3:32, straight cut
Great draw, plenty of smoke throughout
The first third has an excellent taste, picking up some toast, spice, woodiness
Another reviewer mentioned some nutty notes (as I'm allergic to tree nuts, I typically wouldn't identify those notes)
Side note: I would love to do a double-blind to see if I feel the same way about a smoke. Actually, I would love to see
the most popular reviewers do the same thing.
The second third has more of the same. I'm really having trouble identifying specific notes, but I'm getting a nice taste.
Good ash, maybe getting some nicotine so a clip and purge might be in my future.
The last third is getting some pepper, woodiness, brown sugar?
Ended at 5:02 or so for a 90 minutes smoke. So for me, I couldn't identify specific notes to my satisfaction, but I
enjoyed the Wolf and would be happy to smoke it anytime. 90
I've enjoyed all four of the monsters so far -
Frank 88
Drac 94
Face 91
Wolf 90
So...I would really love if someone else would throw a review or two in here for some variety.

Last edited:
View attachment 48171View attachment 48172
Wolf — 6 x 52 (Ecuadorian Sumatra Wrapper)
71°, beautiful afternoon with a slight breeze, drinking water, started at 3:32, straight cut
Great draw, plenty of smoke throughout
The first third has an excellent taste, picking up some toast, spice, woodiness
Another reviewer mentioned some nutty notes (as I'm allergic to tree nuts, I typically wouldn't identify those notes)
Side note: I would love to do a double-blind to see if I feel the same way about a smoke. Actually, I would love to see
the most popular reviewers do the same thing.
The second third has more of the same. I'm really having trouble identifying specific notes, but I'm getting a nice taste.
Good ash, maybe getting some nicotine so a clip and purge might be in my future.
The last third is getting some pepper, woodiness, brown sugar?
Ended at 5:02 or so for a 90 minutes smoke. So for me, I couldn't identify specific notes to my satisfaction, but I
enjoyed the Wolf and would be happy to smoke it anytime. 90
I've enjoyed all four of the monsters so far -
Frank 88
Drac 94
Face 91
Wolf 90
So...I would really love if someone else would throw a review or two in here for some variety.
I think we need a video review of one