• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Whiskey, Rum or Cognac are you drinking today.

@CBoukal @ConDaddy @Acclaym can you guys share your favorite Weller expression?
That's tough because there are single barrel store picks involved which are just simply on top of the rest.

Special Reserve is a mixer at best. Everything else is great. If someone doesn't like the next in the line, Antique, then they need to stop their bourbon journey right then and there.

I did not take a picture of it yet, but I picked up a bottle of Founders Dead Guy Ale Whiskey - and I really like it. It reminds me of some of the German Beer Schnapp's I've had over the years. I love the taste of whiskey that has notes of beer. Kinda sorta like a boilermaker, only much more refined! And Founders Dead Guy IPA is a great inspiration for this whiskey! Two thumbs up from me if you can find it!

I did not take a picture of it yet, but I picked up a bottle of Founders Dead Guy Ale Whiskey - and I really like it. It reminds me of some of the German Beer Schnapp's I've had over the years. I love the taste of whiskey that has notes of beer. Kinda sorta like a boilermaker, only much more refined! And Founders Dead Guy IPA is a great inspiration for this whiskey! Two thumbs up from me if you can find it!
I was unaware that Founders was in the whiskey game! That's awesome 😎.

Have you had New Holland Beer Barrel Bourbon?

I think he's mistaken. Rogue brews Dead Guy Ale, not Founders.
It sure would have been much better if I had posted a picture of the whisky bottle so I did not make such a boneheaded mistake! Or I could have really shown my butt by saying it was Founders when the picture clearly showed Rogue. My bad!!!

I was unaware that Founders was in the whiskey game! That's awesome 😎.

Have you had New Holland Beer Barrel Bourbon?
I have not had the New Holland Beer Barrel Bourbon. That sounds very interesting as I've been a HUGE fan of Dragon's Milk going back quite a long way!

I have checked out their spirits listing on their website and I'm intrigued. There is another distillery (also in Michigan) that distills some spirits very similar to what New Holland is doing - in particular a barrel aged gin. I'm not a gin fan by nature, but when I did a tour of the factory (Journeyman's) I was "forced" to taste their gin. I was caught completely off guard by the amazing flavor - especially their barrel aged version.

But I digress! I am completely interested in New Holland's Beer Barrel Aged Bourbon and Rye. I will have to keep my eye out for them! Thanks for the recommendation.

Last edited:
Send
I have not had the New Holland Beer Barrel Bourbon. That sounds very interesting as I've been a HUGE fan of Dragon's Milk going back quite a long way!

I have checked out their spirits listing on their website and I'm intrigued. There is another distillery (also in Michigan) that distills some spirits very similar to what New Holland is doing - in particular a barrel aged gin. I'm not a gin fan by nature, but when I did a tour of the factory (Journeyman's) I was "forced" to taste their gin. I was caught completely off guard by the amazing flavor - especially their barrel aged version.

But I digress! I am completely interested in New Holland's Beer Barrel Aged Bourbon and Rye. I will have to keep my eye out for them! Thanks for the recommendation.
Send me your addy please.

That would make a really nice looking infinity bottle too. Haven’t tried this one yet. Will have to add it to the list
Momma and we’re talking about that - we intend to fill it with Carmel colored water afterwards. It is very cool looking.

A very kind (NATHAN) and thoughtful (NATHAN) member of this board (NATHAN) sent me a wonderful bottle of Weller Special Reserve. In good conscious I can’t mention his name (NATHAN) but I will forever be grateful. You know who you are (NATHAN). Thank you!

EDITED TO ADD: I poured myself a dram as soon as I received it - and there’s no doubt I agree with others who really like this “soft” bourbon. I was actually enjoying a cup of coffee when the mail was delivered so I took a sip of the Weller’s in between sips of coffee. OMG it pairs so nicely! 👍
42309ECE-7883-4982-B06C-6EEA88EE850C.jpeg

Last edited: