• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hank Proia RIP Devil Doc.

The names that have shown up to post in this thread is outstanding. Guys that haven’t posted in years have come out of the woodwork to show their love for Doc and it really shows how much he meant to all of us.

Paul
Yep. I was once told that weddings and funerals brought folks back together, and the folks who have posted in here have been some great folks whom I haven't seen or heard from in years. I know that life has a way of getting in the way of things, but I hope a lot of you can bring CP back into your lives and share your lives with us, once again.

Doc,

Though my heart breaks at reading news of your departure here. I know you are guarding us well in celestial form. We never met, but you were still a brother. May our smoke lift up high to you. Every time my we have maple syrup, I’ll be thinking about you. Prayers to your loved ones brother.

Going through something personally difficult, so I have been taking some time off. Just wanted to hop on and pay my respects. I can’t stop thinking about his passing. I reached out to Doc not long ago to ask him if he was ok. He told me he was, but just didn’t have much to say. I can see my intuition of “Why don’t I believe him?” was right.

Doc certainly had my respect, even though I’m not so sure I had his. He was always cordial to me though, and I always loved reading his post. I remember one of my Drill Instructor saying something all those years ago. Doc always reminded me of it and seemed to fit the bill.

“A Marine will only defer to two people. His Mother and his Corpsman.” From reading his obituary and knowing the man here, it seems he earned that respect wherever he went all his life.

Last edited:
I only check in now and then and it's moments like this I realize I need to check in more. I never met or talked directly to Doc, but he always carried himself with honor. He was a straight shooter, and I know some people got butthurt at times. But he was usually right. He is woven into the fabric of this place. I didn't know until this moment how much his passing would sadden me, but it most certainly does. Rest easy Doc and thank you for your service.

I haven't been able to spend much time here lately, and am just now learning of this. Truly sad. Hank was a real CP legend. Now CP on the other side has the privilege and honor of having Hank there. I always enjoyed your one liners; always able to make such a big statement with only a few words.

You will be missed my friend... Rest in peace...

I received an email this morning from Doc's obit page marking the 1 year anniversary of his passing. I've thought about Doc quite often in the last year, which should strike me as odd as it's someone I've never met in person. But it doesn't strike me as odd, not in the least. I would have a hard time explaining that to someone outside of this group, but reading this thread again I know that those that interacted with Doc through these pages on the internet over the years would get it.

I received an email this morning from Doc's obit page marking the 1 year anniversary of his passing. I've thought about Doc quite often in the last year, which should strike me as odd as it's someone I've never met in person. But it doesn't strike me as odd, not in the least. I would have a hard time explaining that to someone outside of this group, but reading this thread again I know that those that interacted with Doc through these pages on the internet over the years would get it.
Damn. It’s funny, I too think of him from time to time. I’ve never met him nor spoken with him directly but he was and is someone whose opinion was something you could put trust in.