• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

Not really sure this belongs here or in the happy thread.

This morning my daughter decides to call me at 5:30 this morning and tell me she might be pregnant. Thier bills get paid but in all honesty they can't really afford a kid.

I don't know if there is positive or how to find it if there is.

Maybe it hasn't really set in yet , maybe I'm try to think its not reality.

I really don't know what to think.
I will just say from my experience, no one is ever really financially ready for kids, you just find a way to make it work. As for you being a Grandfather, I again can speak from experience, it is absolutely the best thing in the world!

Last edited:
I don’t want to clog up too many threads but happy to have heat again! Unhappy to have spent another 483 to install a part that was anywhere from 75-150 online..but heat!!
Happy to hear it!

I don’t want to clog up too many threads but happy to have heat again! Unhappy to have spent another 483 to install a part that was anywhere from 75-150 online..but heat!!
Glad you got it fixed

Yep, when the wife wants heat, you don’t mess around with DIY! What part was it?

Yep, when the wife wants heat, you don’t mess around with DIY! What part was it?
Amen to that! My son called Wednesday and said his water heater was leaking and they wanted $3300 to replace it. I went through a number of things it could possibly be and how he could check it. He said "Dad! Rachel wants hot water now!"

I convinced him we could do it quicker and cheaper so we went to HD, bought the same water heater for $1200 and had it installed in 2 hours.

I asked Rachel what she would buy me for the $2100 I saved them? She just laughed.

Amen to that! My son called Wednesday and said his water heater was leaking and they wanted $3300 to replace it. I went through a number of things it could possibly be and how he could check it. He said "Dad! Rachel wants hot water now!"

I convinced him we could do it quicker and cheaper so we went to HD, bought the same water heater for $1200 and had it installed in 2 hours.

I asked Rachel what she would buy me for the $2100 I saved them? She just laughed.

$3300 holy shit! I mean, the hardest part of that job, is ensuring the gas connection has no leaks. Maybe getting the old one out, depending on the size of the closet/space.

$3300 holy shit! I mean, the hardest part of that job, is ensuring the gas connection has no leaks. Maybe getting the old one out, depending on the size of the closet/space.
It's one of the bigger scams going out there. It was a 50 gallon water heater with a power vent but usually it's a $50 fix, under the circumstances we didn't have time to Tinker with a possible repair and we needed to get it fixed fast. These companies just gouge people horrendously!

Basically why I didn’t get too upset at the gas valve price. (Leaks) Last thing I need to do is burn the house down because of a leak or something lol…I’d never hear the end of it!

Reality is, I could have done it myself for less, but when your cold and the guy has the parts in his hand vs me making 3 trips to the store..

I did pick his brain though and gained some furnace knowledge.

Basically why I didn’t get too upset at the gas valve price. (Leaks) Last thing I need to do is burn the house down because of a leak or something lol…I’d never hear the end of it!

Reality is, I could have done it myself for less, but when your cold and the guy has the parts in his hand vs me making 3 trips to the store..

I did pick his brain though and gained some furnace knowledge.

Believe me, I would have done the same thing.

Not really sure this belongs here or in the happy thread.

This morning my daughter decides to call me at 5:30 this morning and tell me she might be pregnant. Thier bills get paid but in all honesty they can't really afford a kid.

I don't know if there is positive or how to find it if there is.

Maybe it hasn't really set in yet , maybe I'm try to think its not reality.

I really don't know what to think.
Coming from someone who has experienced true poverty after my wife and I had simultaneous job loss, it isn't always as bad as it seems. There are a ton of programs out there to help out those in need, plus free insurance in most cases. At one point I made more money adding the benefits together than I had at a crap job. However, that was almost 15 years ago and since me and my wife have been blessed with 2 boys and a good career.

Life is hard, be ambitious and succeed.

I am lighting this cigar with heart full of grief and to commensurate my farther who passed away this morning

View attachment 51481
Smoke it slow and try to remember the good times. Sip your cocktail and truly take your time to reminisce. Don’t forget a box of tissues. You’ll need em(he says from experience).

Prayers sent your way, my friend.

Floyd T