• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

Haven’t had a Mai- Tai since Hawaii in 2004. Knocked me off my feet
Yeah it’s my favorite tropical drink for sure. Lots of rum lol. The recipe I posted in the mixed drink thread is basically as close as you can get it today to the original Trader Vic’s one

The Istria region of Croatia is an embarrassment of riches when it comes to truffles. Every restaurant will have truffle dishes on the menu. I was battling a stomach bug (sucks for me) and couldn't partake in as much as I would have liked, but had to get some feasting in. This was phenomenal.

Love to savor the flavors where ever we go. Sometimes good sometimes not but you still have try it.

We went to a restaurant this past weekend with some friends and I had a compressed watermelon salad. I've heard about it, watched chefs like Thomas Keller teach about how to make it, but I've never had it until this weekend. If you haven't heard about compressing food, it's a technique where you place a vegetable in a vacuum bagging device, resulting in a denser with intensified flavors and texture.

I was one of the most surprising dishes I've ever eaten. Compressed watermelon, feta cheese, mango vinaigrette...

2022-06-25 19.29.46.jpg

I searched around a bit last night and discovered that I could make compressed watermelon in my Foodsaver vacuum. I made an attempt to replicate it tonight that was fairly successful. Compressed watermelon, blueberries, mint, feta, baby arugula, yoghurt cheese, and ginger miso dressing. The compression wasn't the same as what the restaurant was able to achieve with a commercial machine, but it was enough to transform it a little.

2022-06-28 18.53.54.jpg