• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

Prediction : Mass carnage come morning!! My five remaining three month old Guinea fowl, plus one adult Guinea decided to light in the hickory tree instead of the safety of their coop. This NEVER fares well for them. Last time I lost four in a night and one other time, one out of two got picked. Damn owls!!

I’m gonna try to get up before sun up so I can try to save any that remain, when they leave the tree. Ain’t gonna be pretty, I fear.

Floyd T

Prediction : Mass carnage come morning!! My five remaining three month old Guinea fowl, plus one adult Guinea decided to light in the hickory tree instead of the safety of their coop. This NEVER fares well for them. Last time I lost four in a night and one other time, one out of two got picked. Damn owls!!

I’m gonna try to get up before sun up so I can try to save any that remain, when they leave the tree. Ain’t gonna be pretty, I fear.

Floyd T
Sorry to hear, Floyd. Hope they make it through the night.

Well, the carnage wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I did lose one of the adult birds. And now, the other one(they were a couple) is roaming around the yard calling for his buddy to come back. Kind of a bummer. I suppose she'll get over in a bit. She won't hang with the others at all. We'll see what tonight brings.

Floyd T

Well, the carnage wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I did lose one of the adult birds. And now, the other one(they were a couple) is roaming around the yard calling for his buddy to come back. Kind of a bummer. I suppose she'll get over in a bit. She won't hang with the others at all. We'll see what tonight brings.

Floyd T
Sorry Floyd. :( Damn owls

I got a minor win tonight as all of the guineas went into their coop. I know they're just birds but I had a huge smile on my face when I went to shut them in! A minor victory, but I'll take it today.

Floyd T
You gotta be jealous of those owls. Bird veal has to taste good.

I got a minor win tonight as all of the guineas went into their coop. I know they're just birds but I had a huge smile on my face when I went to shut them in! A minor victory, but I'll take it today.

Floyd T
Might have already posted this but...

Something got all our ducks and chickens this winter, and we decided not to replace them. Big mistake, the grasshoppers have destroyed everything in the yard. 🤬