• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Garage vent fan

So riddle me this. If I buy this and install it in my garage, would it pull enough air so I can smoke with the door closed?? One person said crack the garage a bit to add a positive flow of air.. A bit is way better than the 3-4 ft I do now. Thoughts?
That is, in essence the same thing that I have in my man cave and it handles everything.

After a night of smoking I will close everything off and run my ozone machine overnight. You can never tell a cigar has been smoked in here.

I assume you're going to put it in the garage ceiling? You'll have to vent it outside as well, so you'll have that cost as well.

Wait, I just looked at it again. Looks like you'll need to attach it to the side of your house. Depending on what you have on the outside of your house or the size of your studs, it not be deep enough. It says it's 8.1 inches deep, do you know if you have 2x4 of 2x6 stud walls?

I assume you're going to put it in the garage ceiling? You'll have to vent it outside as well, so you'll have that cost as well.

Wait, I just looked at it again. Looks like you'll need to attach it to the side of your house. Depending on what you have on the outside of your house or the size of your studs, it not be deep enough. It says it's 8.1 inches deep, do you know if you have 2x4 of 2x6 stud walls?
Im sure it’s 2x4. So it’ll stick into the garage some. But it’s an outside wall that face the neighbors house

I was supposed to be able to smoke inside my room in the home we had built, but that was a cruel joke. Learning there is make up air is just as important as exhaust, or the exhaust spins and really doesn't do anything. You've got to move clean air in just as fast as you move smoky air out, or nothing meaningful happens......

I was supposed to be able to smoke inside my room in the home we had built, but that was a cruel joke. Learning there is make up air is just as important as exhaust, or the exhaust spins and really doesn't do anything. You've got to move clean air in just as fast as you move smoky air out, or nothing meaningful happens......
That is 100% correct!

I was telling Ed that when the wind is from the North or NW, I can open the bottom screen on the back door, open the one on the front door, and sit in the chair closest to the front door. The smoke draws right out the front door and you can't even tell a cigar has been smoked in there. It gets chilly in the house since the wind is only out of the North when it's cold. I had a couple yesterday watching football, but I generally don't smoke in the house regardless of wind direction.

That is, in essence the same thing that I have in my man cave and it handles everything.

After a night of smoking I will close everything off and run my ozone machine overnight. You can never tell a cigar has been smoked in here.

How much outdoor cold air finds its way in.. if any?

How much outdoor cold air finds its way in.. if any?
FYI @CBoukal Chad.

Screenshot_20230131_071532_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I have one of these I put in my man cave window, blowing out, when I smoke.

I have a door between my man cave and the rest of the house which I removed a couple glass panels from (it used to be an exterior door before I built the man cave).

I open a window in the house enough to balance the airflow.

The setup works well.

FYI @CBoukal Chad.

View attachment 65108

I have one of these I put in my man cave window, blowing out, when I smoke.

I have a door between my man cave and the rest of the house which I removed a couple glass panels from (it used to be an exterior door before I built the man cave).

I open a window in the house enough to balance the airflow.

The setup works well.
@CBoukal this is what I was talking about last night. I use it to vent a smoky kitchen. Cheap fan for the money and goes fair. As said, another door/window must be open for fresh yo come in. Good luck.

Floyd T