• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

0 Post Count Users

w00ts!te

Go GREEN! Go WHITE!
I know this has been brought up at other locations in the forum but as far as I can see there hasn't been much movement in any direction.

Is there going to be a rule regarding the removal of zero post count users after a certain period of time?

With the recent "pop-ins" I think there should be something done regarding this. Maybe create a rule that users with 50+ posts can view the Marketplace?

Such a thing is done in one form or another in many forums. It seems to work OK as far as I have seen. It might also weed out some guys just looking to buy and sell, if they don't even know there is a marketplace while joining they would be less likely to do so.

Just my 2 cents as a newb of this board but a vet of other boards for years..

Obviously nothing has been done and asking the membership won't get it done. Ask Rod and then you can let us know what he said.

Rod has already addressed this issue recently :

Retail specials posted here are generally for CP members only. The retailer forum is hidden to all guests, and only visible to members. If retailers like Pete are going to scrutinize such sales and be the watchful eye over our community, then stop selling those cigars. Problem solved. I think Pete needs to lighten up a bit on his strict rules, and allow small communities like CP to receive occasional deals from retailers we support. Another novel idea -- don't discuss sources, and don't post prices publicly. Have members call for pricing.

There are ways to restrict this section to members with a certain post count, however that will also limit the number of retailers we have posting here, as they won't know this forum exists, and the chances of them signing up would be very rare.