• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

04 Partagas Shorts

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
No fun preamble to share with you on this one. This guy starts off the bat with spice. It then gives way to some sort of flavor which I cannot describe. Like spice without the aggressive bit on your palette, maybe ground red pepper? I donna know, I’ve spent the bulk of the time smoking this cigar trying to figure out what this taste is. Its not Johnson & Johnson baby powder, I can tell you that. The last inch and a half or 2 is just good. Medium body, great construction. I don’t know what else to say.
Construction: good
Taste: spice and something yet to be determined
Opinion: good, I dig it
Strength: medium
Would I buy it: yep
Would I smoke again: yepBEDC8244-83D3-4633-8235-7DCDE0E409B1.jpeg

Love your reviews, that's kind of the way I smoke 'em. A friend of mine taught me to rate cigars in two categories: those that are tremendous, and those that are not!
My good friend Tim Farriss once said “if it’s not a Hell Yes, then it’s a No”.

Partagas seems to be a binary cigar. You either love it or hate it.

Coming from the NC world, I quite liked the Party flavors. I still enjoy them, but have a couple friends we call Partagas deniers. They won't touch them....lol

Partagas seems to be a binary cigar. You either love it or hate it.

Coming from the NC world, I quite liked the Party flavors. I still enjoy them, but have a couple friends we call Partagas deniers. They won't touch them....lol
Rethink those friends.

No BS and to the point. I like it. Glad YOU liked it. In my limited experience, Parti is a much different profile than most other CCs I've smoked. Like you, I can't quite discern and identify exactly what flavors and taste I get with good CCs, but it's mellow, full, and smooth. Partagas seem to have more of the bite like a NC produces. That's my take, anyway. I still like the ones I've smoked.

I am not always a partagas fan, but I recently found that I love the Super Shorts! For sure a box purchase potential.

Year and month matter with Cuban cigars... just like a Barolo wine... We sail along with a few 93’s, 94’s and a very few 95’s, and occasionally BAM!! we will run into a LUB 14 or ULA 14, or POS 07, or OSU 02, which are 98 to 99 Point cigars for the most part, and will continue to age perfectly...