• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

08 Sancho Panza Belicoso...Nooo salt!

e-man67

I like salty cigars but tend to stay away from overly salty cigars like Sancho Panzas. It's just the salt dominates to the point that is all you taste. Enter the 08 Sancho Panza Belicoso....you won't believe it is an SP..sweet wood flavors with lite creamy tea notes. Really like these and the 08 year is unique.

Thanks for the tip!

I like the saltiness of the SPs, and the Montes. While the SPs are probably the saltiest CC, I have never found that aspect of them to be overpowering. However, the 08 Belis you describe sound incredible. As it is my favorite vitola in this marca, I will have to give them a try.

I made an amateur mistake today and smoked one of these from JAN 10. Needless to say it was in it's sick period. I got some of the salty taste with a heaping dose of ammonia. Even worse I could smell the ammonia before I torched it and smoked it anyways. Rookie mistake. On the plus side I've got #24 left, the ash held on for almost 2 inches, and it burned sharp with no relight or corrections. The other cigars in the box feel like they have the right amount of tobacco in them and the bunching looks good upon a quick inspection. Based on this I'd say the 10's have potential, but I won't even attempt another tasting for at least 6 months. Once these age some more I think I'm going to like them.

The 08s are smoking wonderfully right now. I have to agree, not nearly as salty. I don't mind that flavor though. A salty Sancho at the golf course never lets me down :thumbs: