• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

10% OFF on all orders at Heartfelt Industries

viper139

The Bead Guy
Heartfelt Industries will be closed from Midnight Sunday the 15th of August until 8:00 AM Monday the 23rd of August. All orders placed during the time we are closed will receive a 10% discount on all items purchased.

All Orders placed while we are closed will be shipped as soon as possible when we re-open.

David,

I own and use several of your products and have had very good dealings with you in the past, but to ignore this is very poor form.

I just read through Troy's thread, but let me offer my personal experience with these tubes. I ordered two of the "Extra Large" (previously 4oz) tubes, along with a half pound of 65% beads from Heartfelt. When they arrived, the half pound of beads fit perfectly into the two 4oz tubes. They look fine to me.

I just read through Troy's thread, but let me offer my personal experience with these tubes. I ordered two of the "Extra Large" (previously 4oz) tubes, along with a half pound of 65% beads from Heartfelt. When they arrived, the half pound of beads fit perfectly into the two 4oz tubes. They look fine to me.

It's kind of late, and I haven't read through that whole thread in a while, but I&P your post makes me wonder if perhaps Troy was mixing up the units of measure. You ordered half a pound of beads (being 8 ounces by weight) and that fit nicely in two XL (4 oz.) tubes. Could Troy have been calculating volume of the tube (being V = [pi] r[sup]2[/sup] h) and coming up with a value that is less than 4 oz. by volume.

Just a thought...

It's kind of late, and I haven't read through that whole thread in a while, but I&P your post makes me wonder if perhaps Troy was mixing up the units of measure. You ordered half a pound of beads (being 8 ounces by weight) and that fit nicely in two XL (4 oz.) tubes. Could Troy have been calculating volume of the tube (being V = [pi] r[sup]2[/sup] h) and coming up with a value that is less than 4 oz. by volume.

Just a thought...

I don't think so, he was going by the measurements on the site. He said the 2oz tube was 4 inches by 1 [sup]3/4[/sup], while the 4oz tube was 6 [sup]1/4[/sup] inches by 1 [sup]3/4[/sup] inches. He was saying the 4oz tube should be twice the length of the 2oz tube, if they are the same diameter.

But, what if the 4oz tube is correct, and the 2oz tube is actually bigger than it needs to be at 4 inches long?

Another thing is that I didn't weight my half pound of beads when they arrived. I just poured them into the tubes, and they fit with the tiniest amount of overflow. I didn't think anything of it. These beads are the best thing I've purchased for my cigars, hands down. Not having to worry about RH is priceless.

Just a thought...

I don't think so, he was going by the measurements on the site. He said the 2oz tube was 4 inches by 1 [sup]3/4[/sup], while the 4oz tube was 6 [sup]1/4[/sup] inches by 1 [sup]3/4[/sup] inches. He was saying the 4oz tube should be twice the length of the 2oz tube, if they are the same diameter.

But, what if the 4oz tube is correct, and the 2oz tube is actually bigger than it needs to be at 4 inches long?

Another thing is that I didn't weight my half pound of beads when they arrived. I just poured them into the tubes, and they fit with the tiniest amount of overflow. I didn't think anything of it. These beads are the best thing I've purchased for my cigars, hands down. Not having to worry about RH is priceless.

After doing a few quick calculations, the tubes must be listed as having a capacity based on weight and not volume. Using the dimensions currently on the site for the empty tubes, the 2 oz. and 4 oz. tubes would hold 4.79 and 7.63 fluid ounces respectively. Now we know the tubes are listed as holding a weight of beads and not a volume we can not assume that 4.79 ounces by volume will equal 2 ounces by weight, The beads will change weight depending on how much moisture they are holding as well, so even if a tube is only 75% full by volume, the quantity based on weight could be perfect.... and this appears to have been brought up before HERE

Regardless of whether Troy was right or wrong, he does indeed deserve an answer from Dave.