• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

18 game season

Nimrod

Time to rethink my everything
The winner of the 18 game season will have little to do how well they played during the 18 games.
The winner will be who survived with the lowest injuries.

Just add more pads or fat, make it so you can't tackle without giving a verbal warning at least 5 yards away or whatever rules you can come up with to wimp up the game.

Real men play rugby.

The winner of the 18 game season will have little to do how well they played during the 18 games.
If so, expand the rosters.

Too much profit at stake to shelve this idea...they're already counting the money.

Plus, who would argue with "More Football"? :laugh:

I think beefing up rosters is a decent idea. I'm not sure the 18 games will be that much worse for injury, people get hurt in preseason too. I think we're definitely looking at shorter career span overall though.

I think it's a big can of worms to open with the labor problems coming up for the league. Which is probably why they're doing it now, to introduce another bargaining point.

That's already the way it is. Ever notice the Super Bowl winner always seems to have injury luck all year, or at least at the most important time (playoffs)? 2 more games will just make it that much harder to be that team.