• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

1920s Antique Humidor

starbuck66

I have 1 1920s Tiger Oak commercial humidor. The most unique on the planet See the pic. The vertical glass opens to grant access to the cigars. The mechn. that controls this action is 9 levers on the back of the case wich controls cables and pulleys to lower or raise each panel. It was made in the 1920s by Loudon Manufacturing Co. The metal tag reads Loudon Cigar Case. I am wondering if anyone has any info on this company or the humidor. I am considering selling it.
humidor.jpg

Yes - more pictures - that thing is wild.

Not a whole lot that I found on the company, just:
Loudon Manufacturing Co., Grand Rapids (1920-1927)

Not in business very long.

Found these pictures also:

More Pictures

Ron

Although I'm no expert, it seems to be quarter sawn oak in the craftsman style somtimes refered to as mission furniture.

Doc.

Welcome to CP. I suggest you post in the "Introduce Yourself" forum introducing yourself. It's the first step towards a good experience here.

Ron, thanks so much for the link to pics. I searched for 2 days and couldnt find that. I will post more pics tomorow for those that requested it. I did find that the company was in Biz from 1920-27. Though the pattents go back into the teens. -JD

Ron, thanks so much for the link to pics. I searched for 2 days and couldnt find that. I will post more pics tomorow for those that requested it. I did find that the company was in Biz from 1920-27. Though the pattents go back into the teens. -JD

I tell ya - I love stuff like that. If I had even the smallest amount of room to put it in my house - we'd be talking price. :D

Look forward to more pictures -

Ron

Thats really interesting. I think Doc is right about the wood and the style. I'd love to examine it closely, just for the notstalgic curiosity, but I'd have aboslutely no use for it. I would be a GREAT antiquish piece for a B&M though.

I live in Flagstaff and have purchased cigars from this humidor. (had my first AF 858 from there) The first time the glass dropped in front of me I almost giggled like a girl.

JD, I've seen this humidor in a couple different shops downtown in Flag over the past few years. Has it been yours for a long time? How'd you score such a beauty.

Also, I hope you fill it up with a few more selections of great smokes. You've got some goodies in there now.

Well it was in a few shops you're right. No one ever had tobacco in it though that I know of. Always jewelry. I repaired all the glass and the mechanical elements. I've had it about 3 years now. If I told you how I got it I'd have to kill you. But if you swing by I might be convinced to tell you. As for my selection.. well winter was rough. By the end of May it should be full again :)

I remember seeing jewelry in it when it was over on Leroux in a shop next to where Buschetto's art place is now. I'm glad it's now in the hands of someone who wants to use it right.

So interesting!!
I am the owner of this one of a kind beauty. And It is in the process of full restoration. I searched for its history. You all said it was in Flagstaff for some time? What shops? Do they still exist? I want to see how far back I can trace it. It is extremely unusual.

Well it was in a few shops you're right. No one ever had tobacco in it though that I know of. Always jewelry. I repaired all the glass and the mechanical elements. I've had it about 3 years now. If I told you how I got it I'd have to kill you. But if you swing by I might be convinced to tell you. As for my selection.. well winter was rough. By the end of May it should be full again :)
What shops? Do they still exist? How did you get it? Who did you sell it too? Im trying to trace its origins.