• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

1958 Monte #1

robnsue

SouthEast Ambassador
Well gentleman I just finished this great cigar gifted to me by one of CP's finest. Please bear with my poor review skills as I try to share this stick w/ you.
After a 3 week moratorium on coffee, liquor, and nicotine I had my first cigar and cup of coffee this morning.
I made a pot of Ethiopian Yurga Cheffee coffee (THANKS AGAIN George(DIGITALGUY!) and picked out this cigar to return to my favorite vice.
This cigar had a beatiful dark carmel wrapper with a small blemish...not bad for a cigar that is almost 10 years older than me!
After lighting this cigar I had a few minutes of panic. Had I lost my tastebuds...I was not getting much flavor from this great cigar but at the 1/4 point the flavors started to gently give themselves up. This cigar had the whitest ash of any Cuban I have ever smoked. The ash had to be coaxed off as she just didn't want to fall. Perfect draw and as the flavors started to develop they were unbelievable. I had to ease off of my coffee as it was overpowering the Monte. The flavor was a smooth almost buttery flavor w/ a unbelievable creaminess.At the half way point I realized that this was the smoothest Cuban I had ever had. The butteriness gave way to that great Monte flavor at the half way point. I finished this stick with a blister as I just couldn't put it down.