• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

1970's Davidoff No. 1

ChiTown_Huck

A Brother at CF, The Collector, just passed away. In honor of him and others that have passed too soon, I listened to Brian and smoked one of my best cigars. Here is what I posted over at CF:

With The Collector's passing, I have been reflecting on life. Even though I didn't know him, I see him through the eyes of CF, and he has a great legacy of friendship and generosity. It reminded me of another Brother from Cigar Pass who passed away, Infinity. It was Brian's belief that every day was a great day so why wait to smoke great cigars. Smoke them today because no one is promised tomorrow. In honor of Bobby, Brian, Chris, and Maria, I selected a treasured cigar another CFer was kind enough to send my way.

Prelight:

Rich, chocolate brown wrapper. Slight oil. Darker veins showing through. Quiet aroma. Fresh field. Firm roll, slight dusting. Perfect draw. Just smells good.

Beginning:

Surprising body. A little bit of ashiness that becomes autumn spice. Best aromas from a day of raking leaves. Rich woodiness begins. Just love this vitola. Such a pleasure to smoke. The oils slowly rise to the surface of the wrapper giving a sheen as the cigar warms.
Sip it.

Middle:

At 2 in. mark an earthiness rolls in. Musty and mushroom. Spice in the background to balance. And back to the spice an inch later. An interesting journey of flavors.

End:

A rich creaminess has come forward, which creates a nice balance between all the aspects of the cigar enjoyed so far. It started medium to medium full. It is full now, I would say. Fluffy, medium grey ash. Now a roasty nuttiness. Delicious...did I already say that. To the fingertips. Good buzz.

Overall:

Just an incredible cigar. To borrow a phrase, It's good to be alive.

Rating: 98

Thanks for the great review! What a great way to remember friends that have passed.