• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

1970's Punch Series B

stepthirteen

Either get busy living, or get busy dying
Today we have a 1970’s Punch Series B gifted to me by a very, very generous BOTL!! In my short time smoking cigars I have to say I have had the opportunity to smoke some amazing cigars below is my thoughts on this rarity. I have not posted many reviews here, so I thought I would post this one.

PunchSeriesBPreSmoke.jpg

Pre-light this cigar is beautiful to say the least! It is oily and the color is precise, dark and dominant. It was a thing of beauty in my humble opinion.

Score using 1-10 = 9

Prelight draw was smooth; honestly I could have sat there without lighting it. The cigar clipped perfectly with zero soft spots. Construction is near flawless! As I smoked this beauty there was zero burn issues and I never needed to correct the burn once. I generally do not smoke cigars down to a nub because many get very harsh, but this cigar was worthy of a nub experience.

Score using 1-10 = 9

The flavor was coffee with some nutty undertones. Half way through the cigar woke up with an overwhelming mixture of coffee/floral experience and continues to be smooth and precise. If I had to some up this cigar I would say precision is the best word. Strength is phenomenal with plenty of smoke to evaluate and enjoy. The ash was tight and white.

Score using 1-10 = 10

Overall this cigar is high both pre and post experience. The only downfall with this cigar is that I do not have anymore! I always seem to enjoy cigars that are not readily available. This cigar was in my humble opinion worthy of admiration. I only wish I had several to compare.

Overall score using a 1-10 = 9.5.

PunchSeriesBPostSmoke.jpg

I am very grateful that this fine BOTL gifted it to me!! Thank you sir!!

Jim

Great review, Jim! It sounds like it was a really enjoyable smoke.

Great review Jim, I really enjoyed the one I had as well