• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

1987 El Rey del Mundo Grandes de España.

stepthirteen

Either get busy living, or get busy dying
I was gifted a special smoke from a great friend and fellow cigar lover.

Recently I smoked a 1987 El Rey del Mundo Grandes de España. Here was my take on this smoke. At first glance this cigar is elegant and precise. It seems sophisticated yet quite rugged. In my mind I compared this to a Cohiba Lancero.

Pre-light the cigar does not have any strong smells that are over powering. It smelled of finely aged tobacco just waiting to be sacrificed to my palette.

I like to punch the end of my smokes and for this smoke I chose the Swiss Army cigar knife to do the trick. As I light the smoke it burns nicely and with plenty of chewy lightly flavored smoke. The construction again reminds me of a Cohiba, simply stated, superior. The burn is even and precise and no touch up was needed.

Flavors of note are pepper; spice and just a touch of floral though not overpowering the floral notes are definitively there. I continue on and must note again this cigar burned evenly and masterfully the entire smoking experience and it has been some time since I have been able to not that of a cigar.

The flavor seems to shift for me as I continued to the last third of the cigar. I now begin to recognize a nutty spice coming out. I can almost taste the flavor of cashew (I know this seems weird, but it was there, I swear). No real cocoa or coffee flavor for me, but the nutty hints indeed made the finish of this cigar fantastic.

I rarely finish cigars much past the label because that seems to ruin the experience for me, but I must say this cigar is sophisticated and elegant to the finish and I have to extend a big thank you to my friend and fellow cigar addict for allowing me the experience.

Jim

Oh look at me and my fancy aged ERDM LALALALALALA!

Nice review Jim ;D

Now I know why they're so HTF. Thanks for the excellent review Jim!