• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

1998 Cajon of 75's (Trinis)

stepthirteen

Either get busy living, or get busy dying
Are these smokes (1998 Cajon of 75's ~Trinidad) any good? Has anyone smoked them are they ready to go? thanks for the feedback. I like Funadores, but wondered about these?

Jim

I'm confused Jim, the only 1998 Trinidad Cajon of 75 that was released contained Fundadores. Is this the one you are talking about? If it is, I was gifted one last year and it wasn't any different than any of the other '98 Fundis I have had.

I bet they are fantastic. I wish I had $750 right now....

$750 seems awfully cheap for these....

"1998 Cajon of 75's. Around 150 varnished humidors were specially produced for the Hong Kong market containing 75 Trinidad Fundadores."

See p. 475 MRN for a pic of the little humi

Edit to add: so yeah, 98 trini fundis in a different box

I'm confused Jim, the only 1998 Trinidad Cajon of 75 that was released contained Fundadores. Is this the one you are talking about? If it is, I was gifted one last year and it wasn't any different than any of the other '98 Fundis I have had.

Mike you are correct that is the humidor I am talking about. I thought this price seemed pretty reasonable :).

Jim

Mike you are correct that is the humidor I am talking about. I thought this price seemed pretty reasonable :).

Jim

One was sold in the last several months privately for $2000 and I know a vendor had them available a year or two ago for around the same. So yes, very reasonable price, but odd to say the least....

I was emailed a list from a memeber at CF selling tons of aged cubans and he has one with 69 Trinis left in it... ;)

you dirtbag!

Since I have recieved a few PM's I would like to clear something up. As much as I wish I had gotten this humi, I didn't. By the time I got the responses in this thread and found out how rare it was a very smart BOTL had already grabbed it. I did get three items from the list, but not the trinis :(.

Jim

you dirtbag!

Since I have recieved a few PM's I would like to clear something up. As much as I wish I had gotten this humi, I didn't. By the time I got the responses in this thread and found out how rare it was a very smart BOTL had already grabbed it. I did get three items from the list, but not the trinis :(.

Jim

That humi did look nice but a little too steep on the pocketbook for me.
I ended up getting 25 smokes from '98, '01, '02, and '03. I didn't have the cash to buy a bunch but I didn't do too bad.