• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2000th Post Contest

mrjinglesusa

CP Chemist
This will be my 2000th post. Post the day and time this post occurs and I'll send you a nice package. One post per person and you must have been on here longer or have more posts than me. I bombed newbies a few weeks ago - they don't need anymore from me right now. :sign:

May 3rd 6:07pm CDT.

Yeah I know but I just wanted to demonstrate my incredible powers of observation :D

May 3, 2007 @ 7:03 PM est?

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!

This contest was supposed to be a traditional "Guess the Time and Date" contest but I didn't realize I was that close to 2000 until I noticed I was at 1999. :laugh: :laugh:

PM me your addy brother...

cool thanks, I had some inside help... pm on the way

Nothing like giving everybody a chance ??? How odd.

Congrats Shooter for bing enough of a post whore to win :p

Nothing like giving everybody a chance ??? How odd.

Like I said, didn't realize I was coming up on post 2000 until I hit 1999. So, my next post would be number 2000. Hence, the contest post was number 2000. Short and sweet.

Tell you what, I'll start another contest so I give everybody a chance...

:thumbs:

Christ almighty...

:laugh:

Wrong.

I know...but looking at the post and giving the same time is cheating. Because that isn't what Guessing is all about.

Where in my first post do I say to guess? ???

;)

Guess means the following. Pay close attention to #6. :laugh:

1. to arrive at or commit oneself to an opinion about (something) without having sufficient evidence to support the opinion fully: to guess a person's weight.
2. to estimate or conjecture about correctly: to guess what a word means.
3. to think, believe, or suppose: I guess I can get there in time.
–verb (used without object)
4. to form an estimate or conjecture (often fol. by at or about): We guessed at the weight of the package.
5. to estimate or conjecture correctly.
–noun
6. an opinion that one reaches or to which one commits oneself on the basis of probability alone or in the absence of any evidence whatever.
7. the act of forming such an opinion: to take a guess at someone's weight.
—Idiom
8. by guess and by gosh, Northern U.S. using a combination of guesswork and reliance on luck; hit or miss. Also, by guess and by golly.

Christ almighty...

Wrong.

I know...but looking at the post and giving the same time is cheating. Because that isn't what Guessing is all about.

;)

6. an opinion that one reaches or to which one commits oneself on the basis of probability alone or in the absence of any evidence whatever.

OK, let's analyze this. I made a post. I started the post by saying "This will be my 2000th post". The date stamp of that post was "Today, 7:03 PM". Today is May 3. So, there was no guessing, by any definition, required. The first post was my 2000th post (because I told everyone that) and it occurred at 7:03 PM on May 3 (as evidenced by the time stamp). So, your "guess" was not an opinion based on probability alone nor was it an opinion in the absence of any evidence whatsoever. You had the evidence and based on that evidence you had every reason to say that my 2000th post occurred at 7:03 pm on May 3. :p ;) How you came up with 6:07 CDT I have no idea...

Christ almighty...

Wrong.

;)

OK, let's analyze this. I made a post. I started the post by saying "This will be my 2000th post". The date stamp of that post was "Today, 7:03 PM". Today is May 3. So, there was no guessing, by any definition, required. The first post was my 2000th post (because I told everyone that) and it occurred at 7:03 PM on May 3 (as evidenced by the time stamp). So, your "guess" was not an opinion based on probability alone nor was it an opinion in the absence of any evidence whatsoever. You had the evidence and based on that evidence you had every reason to say that my 2000th post occurred at 7:03 pm on May 3. :p ;) How you came up with 6:07 CDT I have no idea...

Just don't read your own title of the thread then. :laugh: