• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2011 Ultimate Spirits Challenge

LarryH

Stogiesaurus
A friend thought of me when she saw this and posted it on my FB page. I immediately thought of all my libation loving Brothers and Sisters here and had to share. They don't get to the good stuff until about half way down. :love:

2011 Ultimate Spirits Challenge

Disclaimer: I don't know anything about the folks who did this so YMMV.

Edit: Title

While I've only had 1 glass of Dewar's 18 I was shocked to see they rated it as the #1 blended scotch. Some other surprises as well. Glenfiddich 18 rated higher than Glenfiddich 30? Not true in my opinion. Johnnie Walker Blue didn't make the list of top blends but Cutty Sark and Dewar's White Label did?

All the same, thanks for posting.

Some of the scores do seem a little whacky, but to each his own. Always interesting to see rankings like these. Thanks Larry!

Interesting read, thanks for the link.

Got to admit, anytime I read a list like that, I have to wonder if paid sponsorships or advertising revenue had anything to do with the ratings. Hmm......:whistling:

While I've only had 1 glass of Dewar's 18 I was shocked to see they rated it as the #1 blended scotch. Some other surprises as well. Glenfiddich 18 rated higher than Glenfiddich 30? Not true in my opinion. Johnnie Walker Blue didn't make the list of top blends but Cutty Sark and Dewar's White Label did?

All the same, thanks for posting.

It really depends on who entered the competition. If JW decided not to enter, they won't show up within the list of blended. Germain Robin makes some of the best American brandy, however, they are nowhere to be seen. E&J is though....unfortunately.

This competition doesn't necessarily give the "best of the best." It only gives the best of the best of those companies that decided to enter the competition.