• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

2017 HSA Deletions

Napa_Smokes

Borrowed this from another board though I would post it up here for everyone.This is the current deletions list for 2017 from Habanos S.A.

Boli Tubos 1--Gone
Boli Corona Gigantes--Gone
CCE--5 by 5 Cardboard Packs Gone
Siglo 5-- 5 by 5 Cardboard Packs Gone
HUPC-Gone
HDM Du Prince--Gone
JLP Cremas--Gone
JLP Petit Cetros--Gone
Monte 1--10 boxes gone
Monte 3--10 boxes gone
Monte Pet 2--Cardboard 15 packs gone
Monte Tubos--C. Pack of 15 Tubos gone
Monte Pet Tubos--Cboard 10 Tubos gone
Part Cor Sen.---Cboard 15 Tubos gone
Punch DC--50 Cabs Gone
Punch Punch--50 Cabs Gone
Punch Royal Coron--Gone
RG Perlas--5 by 5 Cardboard Gone
RYJ--Cedros Deluxe 1--Gone
RYJ--Los Tres Romeos--Gone
RYJ--PC--5 by 5 Cardboard Gone
RYJ--Petite Julieta--5 by 5 Cardb. Gone
Trinidad Reyes-5 by 5 Cardboard Gone
Trinidad Colonial--5 by 5 Cardboard Gone
VR Don Alejandro--Gone

Are they getting out of the cigar business? May have to get a box of Alejandro's to age.

Seems they have figured out they can sell more RE's and LE's if they discontinue everything else in the line. :confused:
I haven't smoked enough RE and LE offerings to have an opinion on them being better than regular production, i.e., price justified. Does anyone have an opinion on that?

I haven't smoked enough RE and LE offerings to have an opinion on them being better than regular production, i.e., price justified. Does anyone have an opinion on that?
Hard to say, some are really good others not so much. Could they offer the same quality in a regular production stick? Absolutely, they have done so for decades before they started the LE and RE programs. It's a marketing trend, The Fuentes, Padron, RoMa Craft, Tat, all have been doing the same for years. Great business model to inflate demand and prices. Sucks for us consumers.

Last edited:
Danno, you know I have an opinion about everything!

I've yet to have a RE or LE impress me nearly as much as regular production stock that's been handpicked from a trusted vendor. I see a sig tag on another board that states something to the effect of "REs and LEs are the McRib sandwiches of the cigar world." You'd be hard pressed to find a better analogy.

I'll also caveat, even though I lived overseas for 3 years, my experience with Habanos pales in comparison to many smokers here on Cigar Pass whom I respect greatly. Many of them are fans of the RE/LE programs, but even then it seems like they judge each limited release on it's own rather than casting blanket statements about the program being good or bad.

I'll also comment that once something is discontinued, its fans seem to come out of the woodwork. Only a handful of people smoked Quay D'Orsay Imperiales... then once it's deleted now it's everyone's favorite stick! Admittedly, I'm in this boat too. I'm a huge Vegas Robaina enthusiast, but I've only ever danced with the Don once--and while good, it wasn't as good as an Unicos.

Last edited:
I have a German friend who smokes only two cigars, The Don A and a Davidoff milllenium, I suppose he's stocking up. I've had a few but really never sought them out since normally I don't have that kind of time.

Danno, you know I have an opinion about everything!
Thanks, Barry, you make a lot of astute points. I got some LE and RE from a pretty knowledgeable hobbyist. They were stellar. Others, from other sources, were meh.
Also have had some cherry picked regular production that was stellar. Right now, it seems that real knowledge is key, avoid market psychology, and smoke a lot more cigars.
I've never had the energy to research the box codes, etc. Especially the past few years. Good thing I know some fine folk on a cigar forum I spend time on. :D

We have such a lust for the rare gem that common sense goes out the window.

That being said, just ordered a box of VR Don Alejandro's....

I'm completely hopeless. :D

We have such a lust for the rare gem that common sense goes out the window.

That being said, just ordered a box of VR Don Alejandro's....

I'm completely hopeless. :D

Scap, I think we're twins. I did the same. Time to tie some steel wire around this new box so I don't break into it for a few years. Do they make chastity belts for cigar boxes?

Scap, I think we're twins. I did the same. Time to tie some steel wire around this new box so I don't break into it for a few years. Do they make chastity belts for cigar boxes?

Haha, I'll age them for you, if you're that tempted.

Now, hold on here... I've done the calculations. If I commit to keeping my box whole, it stays that way for a full two weeks longer than my normal ROTT timeframe. :D :D :D :D

Unless you're smoking indoors, your weather should slow your roll. A double corona could kill a man from hypothermia.

Could either of you fellas be convinced to trade a fiver of VRDAs? A full box is a bit much for me, but I wouldn't mind a fiver of good provenance for posterity's sake sleeping in my winedor...

Could either of you fellas be convinced to trade a fiver of VRDAs? A full box is a bit much for me, but I wouldn't mind a fiver of good provenance for posterity's sake sleeping in my winedor...

Waiting for confirmation that I got my half-box and then I'd be up for it. If I missed on the half, I may go for the full anyways. I'll PM you when I know.

Big ass Jars of Mayo work for some folks. ;)